Top Shelf Aquatics

!WHAT IS THIS?!

Trasm

i just saw this on my LR and was wondering what it was. It is like a clear bubble with white crud (best as i can describe it) around it, it is in the middle of the picture. What is it and if it is harmful how do I remove it. My tank has been cycling for about 3.5 weeks now and i was wondering if this is a byproduct of that. Plz Help!!

post-25391-1170089834_thumb.jpg

circusordie16

looks like its just crud to me. it doesnt really resemble anything i dont think so just ignore it and itll be fine i bet.

tell us what we are supposed to be looking at please, then i'll try and help you :) .
It is like a clear bubble with white crud (best as i can describe it) around it, it is in the middle of the picture.

Maybe some type of dying sponge... can you blast it with a turkey baster? I would give that a try and see if it comes loose. Then toss it IMO.

the only thing is, i dont have any corals or sponges in there unless they hitch-hiked with my LR but they would have died way before now wouldn't they have? It has been cycling for 3 1/2 weeks and the levels are finally coming down, but wouldn't everything have died by now?

I have all kinds of things live through my cycle and still finding new stuff when I flip the lights on at night.

I have had zoas survive cycling among other things.

Might just be some crud getting out of the rocks

circusordie16

im going with crud. but if your levels are going down and your cycle is completed normally then it doesnt really matter what it is, itll probably disappear one night, thats what seems to happen in my tank.

It looks like a dead sponge to me... I had a bunch of my live rock.. when they die they turn white and look crusty like that... that would be my guess. I would get it out of there though, if it is a sponge, it's dead, and rotting.

I got as much as i can out but there is still some left in the crevice of the rock. Will my cycle be damaged by that or should i be fine??

Archived