Top Shelf Aquatics

mad moded cube master 12 dx

bonsai reefer

bonsai reefer
Sure I like a challenge, I just don't like a failure. This thing has to be redone, there is no other way around it. I'm thinking of adding a small sump and a protein skimmer. I may re-vamp the hood too. I'm thinking a better reflector.

FEEL FREE TO USE ANY OF MY IDEAS AS YOU WISH .SO FAR SO GOOD WITH MINE ALL IS HAPPY EXCEPT MY LITTLE CLOWN WAS GETTING BEATEN UP BY A DAMSEL AND IS NOW SELF RELOCATED HIMSELF TO THE SUMP. :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bonsai reefer
Ok, ok.... No need to yell!

Sorry I was just a little excited about the whole damin damsel beating up on my little micro clown .And was hoping to give you some positive motovation :D No offence ment.

RayWhisperer

No offence taken, just givin ya a hard time.

As for damsels, I like the way they look. It's just.... Well, they are Satan incarnate.

bonsai reefer
No offence taken, just givin ya a hard time.

As for damsels, I like the way they look. It's just.... Well, they are Satan incarnate.

AAAAAAMENNN to that .I need to try to catch this little sh-- and send him down the porcelan water slide with one swift flush !! any ideas??

RayWhisperer

Cut the top off a pop bottle, then re-insert it backwards. Makes it into a funnel going into the bottle. poke some small holes throughout the body of the bottle. Leave it in the tank for a few days, while starving that sucker. After about 3-4 days, put some food in the bottle, and you'll have him. If it's too big to fit through the opening, the only other idea is remove rock, net fish.

• 3 weeks later...
bonsai reefer

Damin almost fell off the forum :lol: I have not fed my damsel for 2 weeks now and put the trap in 3 times and the little bugger will not go in ??? :huh:In the mean time got some new frags today will post pics when they open :D

RayWhisperer

See what happens when you expose the hot and ground wire on an extension cord, and stick them in the tank. I think electrocution will get rid of your damsel problem.

bonsai reefer

some pics of new score 50k reward for the death of this demon

some pics of new score 50k reward for the death of this demon

any id would help enjoy :D

RayWhisperer

Uhgggg! Blue fin damsels are the worst! Those things are EVIL!

Id what?

1 looks like it's some type of paly....

2 some kind of zoa

3 might be an acan, kinda hard to tell.

bonsai reefer

I thought it was a acan .All the stuff I get at the lfs looks so drab then when it goes in t my tank for a 2 week period look out it's loke a whole diffrent organism.

bonsai reefer
The third pic is definately an Acan...

I have a colony of those, it appears to be a red and green like the

ones I have...

Thank's :) They are red and blue did not look like much when I picked them up but starting to look better.Alot of things I get from the lfs's look kinda drab till they hit the little gloving box :o After three weeks to a month they look completely diffrent.

• 2 months later...
Thank's :) They are red and blue did not look like much when I picked them up but starting to look better.Alot of things I get from the lfs's look kinda drab till they hit the little gloving box :o After three weeks to a month they look completely diffrent.

I love all your mods, going to create my own BC Oceanic 14, have started cycling the LR & LS and putting my ideas in check to go out and add some fans and an ICA chiller... my ambient is way to high at 87 during the day so I need to get the tank to a stable 80 to get my reef running.... Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...
bonsai reefer

Hey all I'm back after a computor crash and had to save up 4 another .Well the tank has been pretty stagnet for a while just got a few more frags ( due to the cpu crash and all) and a 300 I could only afford to go fresh with .African reef tank on another site. But here are some updated pics .I think I might remove some more rock to make room 4 more frags .I also started working at a lfs on weekends so more access to frags :D

• 2 months later...
bonsai reefer

Well just a little update. My tank is doing great everything has doubled in size. I got a new goby not sure what its called it has a neon orange head. This tank will be torn down in a few months as I am in the process of getting together a 72 gallon bow to upgrade this in to .

• 10 months later...
bonsai reefer
where are all the pictures?

Deleted .Getting ready for the 40 breeder project .Too po to get a photo bucket account.

Archived