Pod Your Reef

I.D. Please!

SaltyDawg

This coral frag was given to me By My LFS. He didnt know the name of it because there was nothing else like it in the tank.

As far as I can tell it likes good water flow because when it is in a good current it extends little tooth shaped furry loooking things. they dont stick out very far though only like 1cm. It has the markings and desing of a maze brain or somthing but is flat like a plate coral. This frag is only about 1" x 1 1/2 " It has a flat calcurous skeleton backing. It is a REALY BEAUTIFUL Piece! The pic dosent do it justice at al!

Thank you very much bucket o chum! Do you know anything about its requirements? What to keep it away from yata yata....?

I looked up Pachyseris Sp. And mine looks nothing like it. the design is the same but the coloration is way off. When I placed it in better water flow it sprouted more little hair like tooth shaped fuzz and became a prodiminately maroon coloration with neon green highlights over the maze like lines. the picture I saw was of Pachyseris Rugosa sp. IE elephant skin. I will just have to call the LFS where I got it.

I posted in your other thread but here it is:

Leptoria Irregularis:

Colonies are submassive or laminar, up to 1.5 metres across. Valleys are 3-4 millimetres wide, usually perpendicular to colony margins, becoming sinuous towards the colony centre. Septa are irregular, with strong teeth. Columellae do not form centres and are not laminar. Colour: Pale blue-grey to translucent white. Similar species: Leptoria phrygia. See also the merulinids Scapophyllia cylindrica and Merulina ampliata. Habitat: Upper reef slopes. Abundance: Uncommon.

Yes Liquid it is excatly like that when placed in higher flow. I believe this is my coral. THank you all for helping me ID this master of illusion's!

Archived