SaltCritters.com

Update On My Little TANK!

OscarBeast

There are the progressive pictures from startup to recent.

10gsw1.jpg

This is the new live rock.

10gsw5.jpg

Some algae and my Firefish.

10gsw6.jpg

With new lighting.

10gsw7.jpg

After my firefish jumped out and I have a neon goby.

10gsw8.jpg

Recent shot with new stuff and false percula.  Lots of macro growing like crazy, but no more nasty algae.

Here are some of my new livestock.

gob1.jpg

My green open brain.

giantfeatherduster1.jpg

Giant feather duster worm.  I bought a bottle of phyto just for him because they are difficult to keep alive.

leather1.jpg

This is my new leather that I "think" is a type of toadstool.  He seems to like the phyto too.

fpercula.jpg

This is my new false percula, at least I think he is a false percula.  Doesn't really matter either way though.

emeraldcrab1.jpg

This is my emerald crab saying HI!

One of these days I will get a digital camera and get these stupid pictures right.

I have a blood/fire/scarlet cleaner shrimp in the tank too, but I think Wal-Mart must have lost my pictures of him or something.

(Edited by OscarBeast at 9:43 pm on April 1, 2002)

what kind of filtration are u using????? tanks looks great im going to set up a ten in the next week ill post pics soon

Thanks Guys!

20Lbs of live rock, a penguin Bio-Wheel Mini, a Red Sea Prizm skimmer, and weekly water changes.   :P

I was thinking about using my prizm on my nano, how do you like it?  And what are you're lighting specs?

I like that leather it looks nice you're tank is looking good.  

Hey, looks great! My only concern is your continual replacement of the fish.  How did the neon go? The firefish are jumpers, did you know that first? Just wondering if you are researching them a little bit or just buying. How much time passed between the first two fish dying and the next ones being added? How is the new one doing? How long has he been in your tank? Just trying to help, the tank looks nice though,

Gaber

Thanks Guys!

Gabe3eb, what are you talking about dude?  I don't have any continual replacement of anything going on in my tank, despite the fact that it is my first saltwater tank and a nano on top of that.  The neon didn't "go" anywhere.

I have only had two deaths in my tank.... a Trochus snail that fell on his back when I wasn't around and the Firefish that jumped.  Neither was because of lack of research of poor water quality.  

The Firefish jumped out of about a 1/4" crack in my completely sealed hood, even though it may inhibit gas exchange.  I hoped that the skimmer would make up for the lost gas exchange.  I sealed the hood with a custom cut piece of plexy-glass that is perfectly cut around the filter, skimmer, and heater.  The only gap was from the unfinished feeding door across the front.  This was because I hadn't attached the hinges yet, the warmth of the lights caused it to bow about 1/4" of an inch in the middle.  The Firefish somehow found this tiny gap.  I made the hood this tight just for the sake of the Firefish because I knew that they jump, but thanks.  

My neon goby is doing fine, despite the fact that he was pretty beat up when I bought him.  He was in a tiny tank with a ton of other neons, and they don't get along very well in numbers like that.  He had a bad case of ich and shredded fins.  He is in really nice shape now though.  He has all of his fins back and not a trace of ich. :P  

I realize that you don't see the neon in the last shot, but he is either in his hole behind the leather, or on his favorite spot on the side of the thermometer, which is actually just to the right of where the picture is cropped.

The Perc has been in since Saturday.  To be honest, he was really stressed from the hour and a half trip.  He just started taking food yesterday and seems to be doing fine now.  He had a couple spots of ich, but they are gone now as well.  The neon has been in about a month and the Firefish jumped out about 3 weeks ago.

Both the neon and the clown are doing fine though, thanks.  I haven't replaced the Firefish yet, but plan on adding a Purple Firefish instead this time.  I wanted the give the tank some time to compensate for the new larger bio-load.

Thanks for the understandable concern, but next time try not to jump to conclusions.

Ledford, I like my Prizm.  There isn't much for it to pull out though.  Makes some nice current though.  I have 72 watts of PC lighting.  I have one 10,000K bulb and one Actinic 03 bulb.

Archived