Coral Vue Hydros

Let see all your 12G tanks

AquaticIllusions

Thats really cool. How would the branching frogspawn do with the stock AP12 lights (2X27w)?

Have any idea?

Your tank looks awesome, what lights were on when you took the shot of the frogspawn polyps up close?

Thanks! Well, the NC12 has 2x24W so I would say you are fine with 2x27W. The polyp pic was done under my stock PC's with the black wall as a background.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! Well, the NC12 has 2x24W so I would say you are fine with 2x27W. The polyp pic was done under my stock PC's with the black wall as a background.

Sweet. I have new inspiration for my yet to be set up tank.

Thanks!

This is my NC12DX

Front

FTS_Dec17_2006.jpg

Side

FTSR_Dec17_2006.jpg

Thats a nice tank. How did you do with the rockwork? I am planning to do a setup like yours in a few days.

Best regards

Carl

Thats a nice tank. How did you do with the rockwork? I am planning to do a setup like yours in a few days.

Best regards

Carl

Thanks, Carl. I have one large 8lb rock as a foundation. All the others are just stacked on top of it. The aqua-scape is actually not just a 'pile of rocks' like it might look like to some, but now that the corals are growing it looks more like that. Corals like the GHM also now hold the rock work together because they bridge in between the small rocks. Best of luck on your new setup! What tank did you choose?

• 1 month later...

Pretty sweet thread. That is a nice tank reefpeace, nice to see some beautiful tanks done with few mods and general maint. Mine looks like dookey right now because my light crapped out during the cycle and I'm trying to decide what to do.

IMG_0726.jpg

Nothing to brag about but I started mine up SUnday morning. Will be adding about 5 or pounds or branch liverock along with the 12pounds that I have in there now. Here are the pics.

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

MASTERBUILDER... Nice tank as always but why u never update your pic common show us the growth :P .

anyways here is mine:

DSC_00150002.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

masterbuilder

EDGRAY... your tank looks fantastic. Mine is not as nearly as filled with zoa's as yours is.... I fragged mine back heavily a couple of times. After seeing yours I think I will just let it run wild.

Also your tank is the perfect example of the advantages of MH vs. PC's. The colors of your zoa's are much more intense than mine. Over time, even with 96w of PC's my zoa's have lost some of their color and browned some. I will take some pics and post them to show what I mean.

Mark

ohh i see you running just 96w..... well i was running the MH+48wpc but not anymore... i have like 2 weeks of running just 140w of PC 50/50x5... cause with the MH was ok but i wanted to try just pc since there was 1 colony that eventhough wasnt above the MH it kinda bleach you can see the colony on the right side .... see what happens just running 5x24w of pc hopefully they wont loose coolor like yours....

ED

P.S: but if i experience lack of color again i guess ill go back to MH again , ill take your word on loosing color with just PC.... i guess also holding on the MH thing cause i was gonna sell it but i should wait to see the result...

masterbuilder
i have like 2 weeks of running just 140w of PC 50/50x5...

5 PC's? If you can...give us a shot of how you got 5 in your hood. And.... are those 28W lights (140/5=28)? More details please.

Mark

latest upgrade : 70W MH Astralux 14KK with resun chiller CL650

Love the monti's Chuck_D. Nice assortment of colours in there!

masterbuilder

Updated pic of my 12 Gallon Nanocube

Nano_3_8_20071.jpg

My little Trimma Goby's are easy to see, find the Emerald Crab.

Running a Nanocustoms 4.24 and using 2 50/50 (10k/71K blue) and 2 actinic lamps.

As for the Trimma's, I know I have one female and one male. I think the third is a female might be male, cant tell ......lets just call it a democrat.

Corals:

Zoathids - 25 +

Palys - 5 +

Ricordea - 12 (hard too see, most are over on each side)

Fish:

Trimma Goby - 3

Inverts:

Peppermint Shrimp - 1

Emerald Crab - 1

Scarlet Hermit - 1

Snails - Two of Each: Asterea, Cearth, Margarita, Nassarius, Nerite.

Materbuilder: first of all WOW looks really nice alot of growth as mine, i just love your trimmas i wish i could keep some but my fishies will kill them anyways my mistake i quess im not passint math this month i meant 120w (5x24W) of pc all of them 50/50 and well i have four in the place were they belong i bet same place as yours and the extra 24w, I installed it on the feeding door with no splash guard protection still looking how to fix that so far no splash at all or condesation since i have 2 pc fans installed on top of the feeding door so the fans keep the bulb out of moist. ill try to take a pic of it later this week.

Eddy

Archived