ReefCleaners.org

Let see all your 12G tanks

AquaticIllusions

well this is mine... resun nano 12G

Chuck, I see 4 fish in your tank. How are you managing that. Do you have a skimmer? Nice tank!

quy_nquyen, thanks for the thumbs up!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chuck, I see 4 fish in your tank. How are you managing that. Do you have a skimmer? Nice tank!

quy_nquyen, thanks for the thumbs up!

yes i have a skimmer running in my tank.. an air driven but feed with double output air pump which made me change my airwood once every 2 weeks. i grow cheato in the refugium to reduce NO3 and PO4 respectively... but not a total deductions... but it might help a little.

nice tanks everyone if you could can you post the mods you've all donetoyour tanks if any?

The cool thing about my tank is that I have done virtually nothing to it. I removed the ceramic rings that came with the cube, I added the JBJ surface skimmer and changed out the stock pump to an MJ600. That's it! I maintain my tank regularly and I attribute my results to that for the most part.

one of my best mod is to stick a china made pump on a magnetic cleaner as seen in the attachment that i posted earlier ( my FTS) . This would make adjustment on flow much easier by controlling the magnet from the outside. But Once again , Hey! it works!

i thought you knew matt! :naughtydance:

haha, I'm sure I did but it slipped my mind. How is your temps with it then? I see you have 2 fans for it which is good. My ICA with standard 8.4v power supply barely kept up with the cooling, I liked the 12v 4500mA power supply i had originally with mine MUCH better since it allowed the ICA to produce cooler water, though at the expense of a hotter running TEC unit... Hence why I outfitted mine with an external 120mm fan that sat atop the fan vent where the ICA was mounted under.

How is your temps with it then?

as of right now the mh is not causing any heat problems. but when it gets warmer im going to have to take off and raise the hood to put a fan blowing air between the light and the water. when it starts getting warmer im going to slowly increase my water temp to have it running 82-84 all the time. as long as there's no fluxuation with temps droping at night then i think the tank will be fine at 82-84. heck it was 86 before i got my ICA :eek:

My 12Gal + 6Gal Im picking up my clown fish pair this weekend so its a little empty.

Both

126GalNano01-15-07001.jpg

I think this was what I posted a topic about last week, I have 2 12g (1 AP and one cubemaster) and I have been considering using the cheap cubemaster as a refugium and invert tank for my AP12.

Is this a refugium that you have set up in your 6g?

Yes the 6G acts as a fuge. I mainly wanted it for pod production as I plan to have a scooter dragonette in the future, but I also have chaeto growing in there.

This is my NC12DX

Front

FTS_Dec17_2006.jpg

Side

FTSR_Dec17_2006.jpg

That tank is absolutly gorgeous! I can't even begin to imagine how many countless hours you spend not only on general maintenance, but also to keep the tank perfectly clean! Well done!

-Carl

That tank is absolutly gorgeous! I can't even begin to imagine how many countless hours you spend not only on general maintenance, but also to keep the tank perfectly clean! Well done!

-Carl

Thanks Carl! I can assure you that the hours are not countless - pretty minor actually. I put in about 45 minutes to an hour per week to do a water change, minor vacuum, razor blade the glass inside and clean/change filter media. Other than that, it's daily feeding and sucking up red flatworms with a turkey baster for a few minutes :P. I have been holding off on using flatworm exit - don't wanna screw up my tank.

Thanks Carl! I can assure you that the hours are not countless - pretty minor actually. I put in about 45 minutes to an hour per week to do a water change, minor vacuum, razor blade the glass inside and clean/change filter media. Other than that, it's daily feeding and sucking up red flatworms with a turkey baster for a few minutes :P. I have been holding off on using flatworm exit - don't wanna screw up my tank.

Wow, I am continually surprised to hear people like yourself with such beautiful tanks explaining that I am overestimating the amount of work involved. Are you just humble, or is it simply a matter of 1 hour per week? :P

-Carl

How much water do you change/week?

What filter media do you use?

Thanks!

Here's my NC 12, highly modified. This is an older pic, I don't have a camera any more. I've added alot more SPS since, and it has grown in some.

FTSEvil2.jpg

Wow, I am continually surprised to hear people like yourself with such beautiful tanks explaining that I am overestimating the amount of work involved. Are you just humble, or is it simply a matter of 1 hour per week? :P

-Carl

Honest - just one hour per week!

Are you using the stock lighting, or did you upgrade?

Stock Lights

How much water do you change/week?

What filter media do you use?

Thanks!

One gallon a week using RODI - works out to just over 10% and sometimes I let it go 10 days. I run a small amount of carbon and change weekly. I rinse the sponges under hot tap water and wring them out the best I can.

Thanks to all for the comments. I am often surprised myself to see what can happen in a year! this site is really inspirational as well.

Honest - just one hour per week!

Stock Lights

One gallon a week using RODI - works out to just over 10% and sometimes I let it go 10 days. I run a small amount of carbon and change weekly. I rinse the sponges under hot tap water and wring them out the best I can.

Thanks to all for the comments. I am often surprised myself to see what can happen in a year! this site is really inspirational as well.

I am guessing the green one on top is a GSP? What is the other at the very top to the left? I am still trying to be able to identify everything in a reef tank (and not even close!) It looks like a BTA but I dont think it is...

I am guessing the green one on top is a GSP? What is the other at the very top to the left? I am still trying to be able to identify everything in a reef tank (and not even close!) It looks like a BTA but I dont think it is...

Yep - GSP at the top and the other is a branching frogspawn.

This is a close up of the frogspawn polyps from my avitar against my tanks black back wall...

frogspawn31.jpg

...and this is what the whole colony looks like...

post-17519-1169612672_thumb.jpg

Thats really cool. How would the branching frogspawn do with the stock AP12 lights (2X27w)?

Have any idea?

Your tank looks awesome, what lights were on when you took the shot of the frogspawn polyps up close?

Archived