SaltCritters.com

Tank fabricating supplies

nano-paul

B) Ok guys, I have thought about doing this for a while now. Here is some pricing for some basic tank building equipment. You dont have to buy it from me, but this is a good way to keep your local glass shops in check. If you are interested in any of this let me know and we will see what we can do. My distributor has facilities in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland areas, Phoenix, Denver, Orlando, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, New York, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Dallas, and Seattle. This means that I can save you shipping by picking a Facility close to you. Pricing as follows.........

BULKHEAD DRILL BITS (plus shipping)

1-1/8" - $44.85

1-1/2" - $54.73

1-3/4" - $67.80

3-1/4" - $109.40

5 or more the price goes down a little bit. Group buys are always welcome as long as I only have to ship to one address :happy:

(I can sell you a drill press specially made for this for $800.00 :lol:)

These bits are not the cheap ones you see on Ebay. They will drill about 100 holes, then I can get them recoated for you and they will drill 100 more :D. Your local glass shop will probably charge you $15.00 to $25.00 a hole, so if you are drilling two or more, why not just buy one and do it yourself. ;) You must use a drill press for these bits.

SEALANTS AND ADHESIVES(Plus shipping)

10.3 oz. 100% clear silicone - $3.69 tube - $3.38 per tube if you buy a case (30)

10.3 oz. Clear aquarium silicone (no black) - $4.42 tube - $4.23 per tube if you buy a case (30) (also have in 50 gal. drums :lol: )

acrylic solvent w/ applicator (2 oz.) - $8.53 (better than weld-on IMO.)

GLASS

1/4" clear glass - $3.83 sq. ft.

1/4" low iron glass - $9.26 sq. ft. (3 sq. ft. min.)

3/8" clear glass - $7.34 sq. ft. (3 sq. ft. min.)

3/8 low iron glass - Email me

I will be glad to sell you glass if you dont mind the shipping cost. Am not sure what shipping would be, nor the box charge, but if I will find out if you would like. Anyone close can come pick it up if you like anytime or any day. I live close to my office.

This is what the going rate for this stuff is going for. If you go to your local glass shop and they dont tell you something close to this, your getting ripped off.

I also have acrylic and anything else you may need. Just let me know. I will also be glad to try to help you answer any questions you may have.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what is the maker of the acrylic solvent, and also how much for a 12"x12" piece of 1/4" acrylic. I would be getting 6 pieces.

The acrylic solvent is a comany called Craftics Plastik Acrylic Sovlent. Its a commercial grade solvent.

6 - pcs 12" x 12" will cost you $31.20 plus shipping. How do I compare to your local glass shop?

compared to local glass shop you about 1/10th the price, but they are really high priced, there the only place in town. But compared to other online places, not bad, i got the same acrylic for $25 but it was all different sizes, and none of the pieces were actually 12"

compared to local glass shop you about 1/10th the price, but they are really high priced, there the only place in town. But compared to other online places, not bad, i got the same acrylic for $25 but it was all different sizes, and none of the pieces were actually 12"

Thats cheap. At that price I would only make $0.15 :lol:

Do you have acylic rods? :D

I can get 'em. What diameter? Then I can give you a price. Just be aware it's pretty expensive.

actually, this is a commercial post and belongs in the black hole of REMOVED THREADS!

:happy:

:o

Oh come on. Its not a commercial thread, its something I do on the side. I just thought I would help my fellow reefers get a better deal. Surely you can appreciate that? I wont make any money at all hardly. That wasnt the purpose of this thread. The purpose is so people had a way to save some money on there supplies. But, i understand and want to play by the rules, so if you think it needs to be removed then I completely understand. :happy:

:D

Wow... that is pretty expensive... I really don't have the money for that, thanks anyway for the price though... I hope someone else buys from you... Good Luck :D

Wow... that is pretty expensive... I really don't have the money for that, thanks anyway for the price though... I hope someone else buys from you... Good Luck :D

No problem. The reason is its so high is they make me buy a 6' piece, which I would cut for you. That means you would have 2 3' pieces. I dont know what your doing with it, but maybe you could get someone to buy the other piece? That would make it half the price. ;)

Ok, I understand. I wanted to use them to join LR together- I'm not sure if I'm definintly going to use that method though. Thanks for the price though- if I do end up using them, I'll talk to you. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Paul,

I got your PM the other day. Thanks. I'll definately put an order in with you in a couple of weeks.

Do you have any bulkheads and/or loc-line?

3/8 low iron glass - $10.29 sq. ft. (3 sq. ft. min.)[/b]

I will be glad to sell you glass if you dont mind the shipping cost. Am not sure what shipping would be, nor the box charge, but if I will find out if you would like. Anyone close can come pick it up if you like anytime or any day. I live close to my office.

I live near Boone so I could pick the stuff up. I would need about 12 sq ft.

Do you or do you know of someone whom I could get to drill the holes I need before I would put the tank together? Do you cut the glass to size? can you get .5" thickness.

Thanks,

K

3/8 low iron glass - $10.29 sq. ft. (3 sq. ft. min.)[/b]

I live near Boone so I could pick the stuff up. I would need about 12 sq ft.

Do you or do you know of someone whom I could get to drill the holes I need before I would put the tank together? Do you cut the glass to size? can you get .5" thickness.

Thanks,

K

I can do it all for you! What size tank are you wanting to build?

Paul,

I got your PM the other day. Thanks. I'll definately put an order in with you in a couple of weeks.

Do you have any bulkheads and/or loc-line?

Nah. Cant buy it cheap enough to be reasonably priced.

How much would shipping three square feet of 1/4" low iron to california cost?

What sizes do you want? Did you send me a pm the other day? I have been flooded with requests this week.

What sizes do you want? Did you send me a pm the other day? I have been flooded with requests this week.

WOW! I thought this post was dead!

el_vulture619

Why is low iron glass needed?

Will the galss start to discolor from rust? Are all aquariums made from low-iron glass?

Why is low iron glass needed?

Will the galss start to discolor from rust? Are all aquariums made from low-iron glass?

Low-iron is not needed, but its an upgrade. All regular glass has a green tint. Low iron pretty much is clear. No it wont rust. Here is a pic.

3/8" regular on top, 3/8" low iron on bottom. See the difference?

100_0755.jpg

WOW! I thought this post was dead!

Can you also polish glass edges? I may want to drive down there to talk to you about the tank I want to build. Would that be okay?

K

Archived