Pod Your Reef

The Opening Act

IllusionaryDreams

IllusionaryDreams

liverock.jpg

Well after 3 months of research and planning, My first nano-reef is finally filled with water and has some live rock.  Here are the specifications:

- 10g Perfecto Tank

- Canopy with 15watt 50/50 Coralife Bulb (Don't worry will be using different lighting system once Tank is established a while) Light is currently on manual timer on 8.5 hours daily.

- Skilter 250 (I expect cheers and jeers for this one)

- 100 watt Heater

- 350V Battery Backup for all electrical systems

- 8.5 Gallons Water

- 12lbs Gulf Live Rock

Near Future Plans

- Waiting on Live Sand to be added once it arrives

- Would like to change some Gulf for a couple lbs of Fiji Premium and Marshall Island but can not find good samples in this area right now.

- Clean Up Crew (week or two tank seems settled with levels but want to be sure)

- Some sort of powerhead or other source for better water movement.

Other Future Plans

- Still deciding on livestock once I see how all goes. Not rushing into anything and trying to research as much as possible

- LIGHTING SYSTEM will definetly be upgraded.

I'm open to suggestions, comments, and idle chitchat :)

IllusionaryDreams

id1.jpg

By the way, can someone ID this guy? It appeared only minutes after setting the rock in my tank.

Thanks in advance

Christopher Marks

Welcome to Nano-Reef.com IllusionaryDreams!  Congratulations on your new nano reef - it looks like you are off to a great start.  That little critter you photographed is a feather duster or tube worm.  You will probably find many more on your liverock in the future.  No worries though, they're good to have.

Archived