SaltCritters.com

THis is a cutie!

SeaMountain

SeaMountain

After about a week in the tank I spotted this extending itself from underneath a small overhang or encrusted shell. It's a little over a 1/4" in length and maybe half as wide with hairlike extensions from the tips circumference. The tube itself appears to be hollow and is milky translucent white much like a fresh Calamari color before it's fried ! :P

Sometimes it is opened as in the pic, and other times it appears to be closed up a bit. But it is always out so far.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I'd like to read up on it.

Thanks! B)

Looks like a button polyp, probably Protopalythoa (I think, no references here at work). Should color up as it grows and would be helped (grow faster and reproduce) by feeding.

SeaMountain

Hey there skier... I read up on button polyp's and checked some pic's in a book I picked up called, Corals of the Mini-Reef Aquarium. It doesn't compare to what I saw there.

You have any ideas? I'm just going to watch it and see how it progresses. How long have you had yours and what size is it? (And keep it clean Crak & ESPI!) B)

: since you showed me yours, I'll show you mine;)

mine showed up seemingly overnight about 2 weeks after tank setup. its probably half an inch:D long and used to be whiter like yours, but has browned up the last few days. its goin on 2 weeks old (the polyp) tank goin on a month

SeaMountain

Nice one... Nice one... Wish mine could stand at attention like yours.

I hate this place.

Yours stands up. Mine points down. And another guy said his was as big as a Moray Eel. :blush::DB)

I hate this place. ;)

No wonder OC never PM's me... :(

Archived