Top Shelf Aquatics

ZOANTHID THREAD!

Helfrichs Chick

Helfrichs Chick

Hey I did a ric thread and its turned out pretty dang cool, thanks to you all, so lets get this one going!

I would like to know (and I am sure others also) what you feed your Zoas... if you seem to have your Zoanthids just growing like crazy what are your water paremeters, lighting that works best for you, and what chems do you add... iodine, strontium, magnesium etc.!

Any type of progression pictures would be sweet too! Example: day one with your Zoas frag and 6 months later showing the growth. I am really interested to try some of your ideas, mine are growing just fine but I want to give them any boost I can.

Some of mine below

post-19268-1168032949_thumb.jpg

post-19268-1168032956_thumb.jpg

post-19268-1168032973_thumb.jpg

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helfrichs Chick

Nice, what do you call those palys, the last picsture in the set? Very diffrent. Do you add anything that you noticed helps them bud? I would really like to get mine to step it up in the growing department lol. Let me know.

mandarin dragonet

i got some baragin zoas for £18.99!

a spread out colony if you nkow what i mean, but hey theyre a bright green, and i think they HAVE LOADS OF BABIES ON! LOL

some wicked cool palys:

apaly.jpg

whamin' watermellons

azoas-1.jpg

arrr... one pirate's booty in a hoarde of watermellons and some others

azoas2-1.jpg

nice greens (as opposed to mean greens)

azoogreen.jpg

asst zoas

aaaooo.jpg

aapinky.jpg

aagreenandwhite.jpg

aacooooolzoas.jpg

frag-orange.jpg

:) yay for a zoa thread! :)

Some of mine...

green_zoas1.jpg

green_brown_zoa.jpg

red_zoa.jpg

moon_zoos2.jpg

green_blue_zoas.jpg

top_down.jpg

The green/orange centers in the top down shot have grown the fastest. I have stock lighting in an NC12 - I feed phyto and cyclopeeze twice a week. the good thing about zoas is that they are easy to take care of IMO.

addam4208283

/\/\/\/\/ nice zoas. do you mind telling me where you got the first green frag and the i think third one down with the red skirt?

ADAM

/\/\/\/\/ nice zoas. do you mind telling me where you got the first green frag and the i think third one down with the red skirt?

ADAM

Thanks Adam. I got both of those on a local frag trade from fellow NR.com member 'formerly icyuodd/icyoud2'. They are my faves too!

Helfrichs Chick
Helfrich’s Chick, I think your clown has a preditor!

SharkyClown.jpg

Nice markings on that clown. :)

I know how funny is that. I thought it looked like a fish or something to that effect too. O love my clowns they are too cool. And thats coming from someone who HATES clownfish. Next person that comes to my house and says hay look its nemo, I am gonna loose it! Its really so very irritating. I still dont have a name for them, was thinking Bonnie and Clyde? Jack and Jill, huh any ideas lol.

Awesome start on the thread everyone.

quy_nquyen : Did you notice that Chiton in your 5th (I think) picture? It looks like a pretty big one. I think they are so interesting!

REEFPEACE: Those reds are DA BOMB! by far some of the weirdest ones I have ever seen, very nice!

Ok anyways, you guys didnt put any info on your Zoas thou :( let us know what lights you have, kelvin and type... what do you add to your tank, do you feed your Zoas, if so what? Anyone add iodine or magnesium?

Can anyone reccomend a place online to get reasonable NICE frags? EBAY.. anyone ever use it for Zoas??????????

i wouldnt buy zoas on ebay. too much photoshop and its easy to get away with. just blame it on different lighting.

my tank photos are taken top-down under 10k ushio bulbs. i have since replaced them with 14k from another brand.... um i forget which, and gotten better coloration. i have like no fish, so the tank is clean with no predation or nitrate problems.

i'd get frags from other n-r members as long as they know how to ship. tank raised frags are better than chopped up wild colonies like many places sell.

hth

Archived