inTank Media Baskets

Cat Toy?

caja

I really liked my Sally Lightfoot until about a week and a half ago. Very industrious little crab, algae muncher that it is, but I got a yellow watchman goby that I've been wanting for a while now and finally found. Not an hour after I acclimated it to the tank the darn crab starts trying to grab it. Now the poor cute little goby has found a crevice under my LR that it hides in and lives in fear of it's life. It's funny to watch it come out of it's burrow and swim around the bottom of the tank. I can almost see it's eyes going side to side to look for the crab. Poor fish is so skittish. The crab actually waits in a corner that the goby hangs out it to try and grab it.

So it's time to "take out" the crab. This unfortunately will involve some serious James Bond action on my part because the crab is so fast and skittish itself.

Here's the plan...the SLF is a huge glutton. As soon as I drop a sinking pellet into the tank, it's right there stealing it away from my hermits and snails, so I plan on positioning my fish net at just the right angle and dropping in a pellet and grabbing that little sucker and tossing him to my cat so it can see what it's like to be hunted. (J/K)

I figure I'll take the stupid crab to the LFS and trade him in for a shrimp. Got any suggestions on shrimp that are goby friendly?

hahaha sounds like fun! Should work I catch fish that way.

You can always get a tiger pistol shrimp and see if they match up. Sometimes they dont but tiger shrimp are rather easy to match up with watchmen gobies. They will burrow though so if you dont want your sandbed disturbed much, then avoid them. Other then that a cleaner or peppermint should be cool too.

Good luck

Archived