yellow polyps

15 hermit crabs

1 turbo snail

buncha keyhole limpets

1 royal gramma

marine.jpg

marine_right.jpg

marine_left.jpg

Every two weeks I perform a 1.5 gallon water change with aged and dechlorinated water that I take straight from the tap. (We have great water in Memphis.) I went through some typical  short algae blooms, and have a bit of green on the glass currently, but so far so good.) I don't put in any additives at this time. I removed the biowheel, and so far am running carbon continuosly without ill effects.

All animals and live rock were either aquacultured or tank bred/propogated. Some of the shrooms and polyps were propogated on aragocrete. The pink polyps are on a piece of dead coral, which was my one compromise to this low-impact reef tank.

Thanks for lookin'.

I am glad to see someone else using TW I have had no problems at all with using it either (I also have very good quality water through my city water supply) good luck keep up the good work!!!

Looking good, especially for lower light & every other week water changes. I would like to congratulate you for being another Eclipse 12 owner who doesn't see the need to drop 4 fish in. Your lone gramma seems as happy as my lone damsel :) Hey, you stole my act!!! I have Aruba shell in my Eclipse too!!! LOL.

I'm just guessing that it's 18lbs. The large center piece is 11 lbs., and there are some smaller 1-3 pounders supporting the corals in the back. It pretty dense Florida rock. I could have used lighter Fiji or something, but I wanted it aquacultured.

The Gramma is always out and about, he's pretty aggressive toward his own reflection and sometimes even me when I'm sitting by the tank. He's usually "yawning" at something. He's a great fish and I figured introducing another one would give him reason to stay in his hidey-hole in the rock. A gramma's territory on the reef is quite a bit bigger than my little tank. The lower bio-load doesn't hurt either.

Archived