Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Biggest Reef Myths

akaMonkey

I love when people post stuff like this.....

You do you realize when you don't use proper grammer you sound like a child. Not only that, but an uneducated child. If you want to have people here to help you, don't call them nerd know-it-alls' (yes buy the way it KNOW not NO). For the next time you have a serious question they won't help.

Also notice that Nuhtty that been a member for over 2 years, and has quite a few post. This means he probably knows what he is talking about and you should listen. (Besides the sarcasm, which I might add has always made threads more interesting.)

If anyone has growing up to do it would be you.....

RED

know-it-alls and grammar and yes, by the way, it's and posts

Try spell check. :)

You have to have a lot of posts on nano reef to be a good reefer.

:lol:

just stoking the fire, me and my buddy are pretty amused by this.

It is amusing ;)

Congrats!

This thread contains just as many myths as it attempts to debunk.

omgomgomg

True dat!

Nuhtty, I need a pager so you can alert me as you sign on :) And you are a prick.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LG...smart, but has some time to develop his intellect yet. Afterall, he is going to be a dentist. ;) (you know youre the man lg!)

I am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T. D'Oh.

And you are a prick.

I am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T. D'Oh.

Hehe...

green...I wasnt busting on you...its just, Im a pretty smart dude.

;):lol:

Big Boats = Pretty Girls. The bigger the wallet the prettier she will be.

Mr. MegaYacht

I, too have found this to be true.

Nuhtty, I need a pager so you can alert me as you sign on :) And you are a prick.

Im sick of pagers.

er1c_the_reefer

i don't know if this applies, but i've been on cruises where there was not a ****able girl in sight... but then again, i've been on cruises where i'd nut myself walking down the hall so...

neanderthalman
I hear the term RO/DI thrown around far too much, distilled water is by definition 1 meg ohm water, RO or Reverse Osmosis is simply one of several ways to make high purity water.

Mr. MegaYacht

Umm....no

Distilled water is water purified by the process of distillation. That would be the definition. If it's typically water with a resistivity greater than 1Mohm/cm, I cannot say for certain. However, it is the method of purification that defines the type of water, not the purity.

By contrast, RO water is purified water produced by reverse osmosis. RO/DI is water purified by reverse osmosis, then a dionizing resin. No numbers, just names.

Edit - hell, why not see what definitions of distilled water I can find on the internet. Seven seconds later.....

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=de...water&meta=

i don't know if this applies, but i've been on cruises where there was not a ****able girl in sight... but then again, i've been on cruises where i'd nut myself walking down the hall so.

UH! No offense but Dumb, dumb! You need to OWN the boat!

Mr. MegaYacht

Dont you mean"THE MORE SHALLOW?"

Tang

So what it is the RESULTS that matter not the process.

Mr. MegaYacht

Umm....no

Distilled water is water purified by the process of distillation. That would be the definition. If it's typically water with a resistivity greater than 1Mohm/cm, I cannot say for certain. However, it is the method of purification that defines the type of water, not the purity.

By contrast, RO water is purified water produced by reverse osmosis. RO/DI is water purified by reverse osmosis, then a dionizing resin. No numbers, just names.

Edit - hell, why not see what definitions of distilled water I can find on the internet. Seven seconds later.....

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=de...water&meta=

Ok The term RO and DI are different but for the sake of those less into the tech of the issue the end result is the same UNLESS you take it to the extreme.

Mr. MegaYacht

neanderthalman
So whay it is the RESULTS that matter not the process.

Mr. MegaYacht

The results from one process differ from the other, therefore it matters.

Some brands of distilled water are contaminated with trace amounts of copper from the distillation process, because of copper piping. Even if the TDS were lower, the exact impurities left in the water can and are important. I'd rather use water with a higher TDS, but zero copper.

That said....RO/DI is of higher purity (measured in Mohm/cm or TDS) than distilled water. It has a lower TDS, and does not use copper in the purification process. Win-Win.

The results from one process differ from the other, therefore it matters.

Some brands of distilled water are contaminated with trace amounts of copper from the distillation process, because of copper piping. Even if the TDS were lower, the exact impurities left in the water can and are important. I'd rather use water with a higher TDS, but zero copper.

That said....RO/DI is of higher purity (measured in Mohm/cm or TDS) than distilled water. It has a lower TDS, and does not use copper in the purification process. Win-Win.

Just remember you can have RO water that is NOT DI water and while you are mostly correct about the copper issue, no INDUSTRIAL process and that includes the better quality distilled water providers us copper in their process any more. You can take that to the bank as I designed and MFGed damn near all of them.

Mr. MegaYacht

mybuickskill6979
Big Boats = Pretty Girls. The bigger the wallet the prettier she will be.

Mr. MegaYacht

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! somebody listens to tom leykus.

LEYKUS 101 ######ES!!! lol :lol: flash friday, boys while your out driving around turn your head lights on, ladies when you see the headlights show your TA-TA's!!!! haha!! :lol:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! somebody listens to tom leykus.

LEYKUS 101 ######ES!!! lol :lol: flash friday, boys while your out driving around turn your head lights on, ladies when you see the headlights show your TA-TA's!!!! haha!! :lol:

You know while at times Tom L might be a Jack A** he is RIGHT far more than not!

Mr. MegaYacht

You know while at times Tom L might be a Jack A** he is RIGHT far more than not!

Mr. MegaYacht

jesus christ does the nano reef staff suck......this should have been closed on page 2.

jesus christ does the nano reef staff suck......this should have been closed on page 2.

Taking the Lord's name in vain might just do it. Thanks so much.

Pretty bold statement for someone with a crappy avatar

mybuickskill6979

Mr. MegaYacht

for sure i love the days where he doesn't let any fans call just people who hate him or his show. its the most hilarious thing lol!!

somethings i dis aggree with but those things always end up making more sense then the fantasies i had to lead me to disagreeing with him lol. <--- totally didn't mean to make that as confusing as it is lol!! :lol:

but all in all if i had one dude i wouldn't mind having as a dad. it would be leykus lol.!! :lol::mellow::huh:

but all in all if i had one dude i wouldn't mind having as a dad. it would be leykus lol.!! :lol::mellow::huh:

I dont get to hear him too much anymore...does he have a webcast?

He is pretty much right on with most stuff though...he says things other people dont want to believe to be true.

LoL! I love it when Tom L lets the drunk women call then he leads them down the merry path, I am sorry to say I do not get to hear hin very often anymore sense we moved aboard the boat here in Florida.

Mr. MegaYacht

I dont get to hear him too much anymore...does he have a webcast?

He is pretty much right on with most stuff though...he says things other people dont want to believe to be true.

LoL! As well as things the women do not want to admit is all to TRUE!

Mr. MegaYacht

you want "good" staff?

Go back to RC.com

kthanks

Haha...staff over there aren't "good"...they're nazis.

The list of what you're not allowed to talk about on RC is longer than the list of members they have.

But apparently you can talk about dogs, horses and cancer.

Go figure.

Archived