Coral Vue Hydros

My Biocube 14!

Gvtv44

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Demartini!!! Welcome Back! Nice to see you around here again! Thanks for the compliments! :D When they get larger and I start fragging, you'll get some :wub::flower::happy:

(as well as this guy- :lol:

Needreedfunds- took almost 30 pics, uploaded them, but I haven't had time to put together a decent update... check back over the weekend ;)

Well, I went to Eagle Reef Systems today, and all I can say is wow! They are the cleanest reef shop I have ever been to! Needreefunds, you need to go there ASAP! They are on the smaller side, but every tank is bursting with coral, a lot of it nano sized. Every piece of coral I saw was very healthy... + quick, knowledgable staff. And if anyone is interested in a picaso clown, they have one. Will post pics soon... uploading...

Ok, here it is, the big update!

What's in the bag???

WHatsinthebag.jpg

1st few seconds in tank:

Fisrstminutes.jpg

A few minutes later:

1STZOAANDPLATE.jpg

1STZOAANDPLATE5.jpg

1STZOAANDPLATE1.jpg

In the other bag:

1STZOAANDPLATE2.jpg

1STZOAANDPLATE3.jpg

1STZOAANDPLATE4.jpg

1STZOAANDPLATE5.jpg

1STZOAANDPLATE10.jpg

Group pics:

1STZOAANDPLATE7.jpg

Updated FTS!

5-13-07fts.jpg

Like?

Needreefunds
Well, I went to Eagle Reef Systems today, and all I can say is wow! They are the cleanest reef shop I have ever been to! Needreefunds, you need to go there ASAP! They are on the smaller side, but every tank is bursting with coral, a lot of it nano sized. Every piece of coral I saw was very healthy... + quick, knowledgable staff. And if anyone is interested in a picaso clown, they have one. Will post pics soon... uploading...

Excellent! Will try and check it out during the week. Just checked out their website, ( still under construction). Looks pretty good, thanks for the info.

Congrats on the new additions ! Very sweet, best of luck with them. I really want a purple plate myself... :lol: Nice finds my friend. Take care

Thanks for luck! Plates are awesome! I wish I could get a good pic of the color- how often and what should I feed it? Once a week mysis/ reefmist?

Thanks for luck! Plates are awesome! I wish I could get a good pic of the color- how often and what should I feed it? Once a week mysis/ reefmist?

awesome plate! I feed mine cyclpoeeze and mysis about 3 nights a week. I also squirt a little mysis at it when I feed my fish.

I fed my plate frozen mysis tonight... It opened up, and ate it.

It was awesome!!! :lol:

Needreefunds
I fed my plate frozen mysis tonight... It opened up, and ate it.

It was awesome!!! :lol:

LOOK AT YOU B):happydance::lol:

So the new additions are still happy today??

Last night a stupid turbo decided to try to knock over the zoas! I plucked him up, and throw him in time out (in the soap dish) ends up, that's probably a reward for him! :lol:

This morning they were ok, but I'll let you know later... and I'll post the feeding pics!

Umm... didn't upload pics yet, but everything is doing good :D... except, the plate is a little yellower than it was when I first got it in some spots- any ideas? You can barely tell at all.. I'll try to get pic soon

Resurection:

Baby Conch?

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

Gasp! What's in therre?

DSC00609.jpg

Yuck!

DSC00611.jpg

Yumm:

DSC00616.jpg

New zoas! :happydance:

DSC00617.jpg

and shrooms!

looks really good!

the shroom and toadstool are fine together, but that elastic band won't hold that mushroom in place very long. shrooms have the ability to move around. it'll either split down the middle, or shrink and slip out of the elastic band. the best way to get it to hold is to put it in a part of the tank (along with whatever rock you want it on) where there is very low flow and let it attach to that rock.

Tim

DSC00618.jpg

Neon toadie!

DSC00620.jpg

Slowly coming to life- see the green?

DSC00621.jpg

Plate is still goood:

DSC00619.jpg

FTS's:

DSC00615.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

What do ya thunk?

2 quick ques:

Are rubber bands ok?

Can the shroom touch the base of the toadie? (See last pic)

Thanks!

I accidently put a quote, hence the messed up pics :lol:

You are correct sir! I googled it, and that is exactly what it is... are they bad?????? :eek:

BTW... I tookeded :lol: lots of awesome pics of the toadie and other things... will upload soon... things are growing in so nicely, and everything is thriving IMO... I am even considering fragging that mushroom rock, b/c it's starting to look like a mushroom bush :lol:

No, they are good. I have one too and freaked out at first, but it is just a good, hard working little snail. They mostly come out at night. No need to worry.

Hey GV love the tank!!

Had a few quick questions for yeah, whats the clear plastic container in the tank on the right side? and do featherdusters come attached to the LR when you bought it?

Thanks I'm a noob in training buying a biocube soonish, but still doin my homework on it.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o43/Gvtv44/5-13-07fts.jpg

I'm refering to this pic, the thing on the rightside, whats it's purpose and whats it do?

Archived