Pod Your Reef

My Biocube 14!

Gvtv44

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
Yea, I turkey bastered him out -_- ... Article? Nano Reef Article? UMMM... didn't start it yet :D

Oh, Writers block??? And pardon me, but did you just call your crab a turkey basterd?? Please , this is a family show........

:haha:

Ok! Pics come tomorrow...

I got....

A lot of firsts today!

I went to animals and things today, and bought....

1 mushroom rock- $50 - kinda big for my tank IMO, but I love it all the same as it's my 1st coral :D They had zoa frags on the bottom of the tank under the rack, and I wanted to buy them, but they were to lazy to reach and get them -_-

1 firefish! He's awesome! $20

Only problem is, my skunk, being a :ninja: likes to hunt him down... He is out and about though, even on the 1st day!

1 spiny urchin- he was a little cute one- hopefully he will get rid of the remainder of my b and gha and then I'll trade him to OGII for coral :happy:

FW wise... 3 golden rams, 6 glowlight tetras, 3 sword tales, a discus, and 10 shrimp.... I had a mini shopping spree!!! :lol:

I will post pics tomorrow- the shrooms, I just plopped them in w/o acclimation, and although they began to open, I want pics when they fully unfurl!

I hope you dont plan to keep any SPS in that thank because those little white stars will eat SPS. I had a lot in my tank and noticed them eating my SPS untill i found this article about them GET THEM OU thats my oppinion

http://www.garf.org/

an look up under aquarium pests

Ok, the long awaited pics of my 1st coral and fish!

1st: Today's FTS!

DSC00293-1.jpg

My new urhcin: ID please!

DSC00292.jpg

My Firefish: He stays out almost all day... but boy does he deserve his name- dartfish!

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

THe mushroom rock: $50- did I get a decent deal?

Needreefunds

Nice 'shrooms. Well as for price, Pet Shanty, $15 frag basket for ONE 'shroom. So you do the math :lol: . Nice fishy too! Best of luck with all your new friends! Zoas next?? Are you getting from a member of lfs?? Don't forget, shoot me a PM when your ready. Take care. :)

Thanks for the compliments!

I am getting zoas from a fellow N-R.com member... maybe! (Working on a deal)

As for the cheato... I'll pm you... looking at getting a smaller soap dish.

Can anyone ID the shrooms?

Day one:

DSC00240.jpg

2: No pics...

3:

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

Other shots: My shrimp tries to get my FF, but he's too fast!

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

What do you think? :D

Now to get some zoas... heh

And the urchin?? Thanks!~

Oceanic 30g

Nice tank. I would add something with reds; oranges or yellows. It will really balance the colors in the tank.

Your patience is paying off.

Thanks for the compliment- I am just getting started! I am going to slowly stock with a lot of different colors/ types of coral. Thanks!

Thanks! I almost got some orange and green zoas at the LFS, but the guy was a d##k head, so I just walked out... oh well :shrug:

Needreefunds
Thanks! I almost got some orange and green zoas at the LFS, but the guy was a d##k head, so I just walked out... oh well :shrug:

HHMMM, OGII ?????

• 2 weeks later...

Well, almost 1/2 month since last update... I'sa slacka :lol:

Anyway -_- Everything is doing good :happy::D:)

Shroom's and firefish are growing, shrimp is molting... :happy:

Only issues: no new coral -_-

had to replace fan (grating sound)

I lost 2 hermits- one dwarf blue to mr. shrimp and a scarlet to another scarlet.

Cheato is growing good

I've been keeping up with wc's... but haven't tested in 1/2 month :mellow:

Will take pics soon and post

Upgrading to refrac. and trying to get some more coral ;)

More to come!!!! B)

Needreefunds
Yup, that guy Chris- you know 'em? Sadly Gary nor Andy were in today... or I would have new coral :(

UHMMM, lets just say he is the reason I no longer even bother to stop in that place.

Glad to here all is going well.

Gee, update with no pics?? Are you feeling OK? :o:lol:

UHMMM, lets just say he is the reason I no longer even bother to stop in that place.

Glad to here all is going well.

Gee, update with no pics?? Are you feeling OK? :o:lol:

:lol:

hey buuuuuuudy! Your tank is looking gorgeous! I really love those mushrooms.... You can ship me some :flower: hehehe j/k

Darklyte24

I thought you left because those other guys were making stupid comments..

is your tank still going good? we would like to see updated pics please!!

check mine out btw..

Oceanic 30g

D,

Glad to see you are back. I am curious to see how your tank is doing. I had a lot of issues with my Biocube.

Archived