Top Shelf Aquatics

My Biocube 14!

Gvtv44

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update on CUC! The conch is doing a great job, and he is always @ work 24/7 (at least 24/3, :lol: ) The shrimp- he is a :ninja: ! He does 360's and will crawl along, and flip upside down! He hid yesterday, but came out at night... @ 4 today, I was blasting some LR with my turkey baster, and he smelt food! He came rushing out in true shrimp style and started eating away... while I was doing a top off, I decided to move my conch to the other side of the tank- mondo debris over there! When I went to reach in, who comes out but my shrimp, and climbs up my arm and starts cleaning away... It scared the s##t out of me! Well, long story short, he is my new best friend, and is out all the time! He even approaches me now when I look at the tank! Amazing what food does! :D

Oh, one quick question- my pura pad (chemical media) can I rinse it out in the sink, dry, then put back in w/o it leeching stuff back? It gets dirty and blocks flow...

Thanks!

Brian Crook

Awesome looking tank!!

I love that picture of the red hermit crab. Wow are those featherdusters ON your hermits shell?! Now ive seen everything!

What is that last picture of? Some type of starfish? Nice looking.

Thanks for the compliments! :D

Yes, I like that pic too- I submitted it to the editor of TFH for their new nanobook. Yes, they are feather dusters- when he was out in the air I was gonna pull them off, but I am glad I didn't!

Yup, it's a star fish.. I think needreefunds id'd it.

Thanks... I guess.. :lol: I don't have any other shells, except for the turbos/ ceriths... THEY BETTER NOT KILL THEM! They are smaller than the snails (planned it that way) so it should be ok.. I hope :P

apologeticlies

you have to watch out for those asterina stars. there are a bunch of different kinds, but one in [articular will eat zoanthids. I had bad luck, and got the ones that do.. Every time I found one, i would take em out to my balcony, and throw them in the snow... Stupid stars...

apologeticlies

ya i wasnt happy when I noticed what was causing my zoanthid recession... BUT luckily they gew back, but still no excuse, they got the death penalty...

:P yes i read page 8, i was just wondering if any had been taken since the bags went away.

On a different but similar note, how are you liking the salt water world?

Ok, I took some yesturday, so I will post some soon. As for the saltwater world- it's awesome! I was training my shrimp to take flakes today, and I've been training him to come see me when I approach the tank and climb on my hand :happy: Hopefully I can try my hand at coral soon!

Needreefunds
Ok, I took some yesturday, so I will post some soon. As for the saltwater world- it's awesome! I was training my shrimp to take flakes today, and I've been training him to come see me when I approach the tank and climb on my hand :happy: Hopefully I can try my hand at coral soon!

Ummmmm, I don't think coral will climb on your hand... :rolleyes:

:haha: Hey man, hows everything else going?? Corals soon??

Maybe an an anem? :haha: Everything is doing well- I got a soap dish from wally world, and it has spaced for flag plugs (tooth brush holders) but it's too big- gotta find a smaller one. Hopefully coral on Saturday night! :D I plan on going to animals and things.... haven't been there in a while!

Needreefunds

Glad to here all is well. I had a hard time finding a good soap dish also. Let us know how you make out at Animals & Things. Happy hunting! :)

Those stars are cool, I bought a big zoo colony at the lfs and it had about a dozen of those things on it. They are hard to spot they blend into liverock really well.

You just have to watch, (I dk how true it is/ if I/ we have the same type)but someone said on pg. 8 that they eat zoas! Just watch out! They are cool though, a little something extra to watch! They don't move before your eyes, but tend to shift around, right? :happy:

See I was wrong..... I always get amazons mixed up.... Except double yellow headeds. :happy:

Yep, I have two greys..... theyre about as crazy as possible I think, but theyre both still young, so they might mellow out some. :happy:

HELP?

8473me_and_birds-med.jpg

Lol, reminds me of this Tues... I was moving a rabid (aka mindless killer) grey- this bird is down right nasty! So I position its existing cage (a temperary one 2'x2x'3') in front of it's new walk in enclosure... it wanted revenge... SO I get the female in, who is friendly, but the male wouldn't come out... so I prodded him with a stick... he was squaking and what not, but he finally comes out, and their old cage was holding the door open, so he had a clear shot... at me! So he goes to attack me! So I use a piece of wire to stop him, which he lands on and goes to bite me and continue his charge! Finally he fell off (after I fended him off with a cement perch and he waddled into his home that took 4 hours to build... ba####d End Rant :D

:angry: I... LOST A HERMIT CRAB TODAY :tears::scarry::eek:

AND can't go to the LFS till Monday... Family emergency today.. -_-

Why do you think the crab died? Fighting? All my parameters should be ok...

Needreefunds
:angry: I... LOST A HERMIT CRAB TODAY :tears::scarry::eek:

AND can't go to the LFS till Monday... Family emergency today.. -_-

Why do you think the crab died? Fighting? All my parameters should be ok...

Family emergency, yikes, I hope all is well. And sorry about the crab. You're sure its a goner? One day I see two of my Nass snails munching away at the remains of my blue leg. Later I see my blue leg crawling from behind the rock work. Must have shed. I did loose a red leg crab. A blue leg killed it for its shell. Sux cause he was cool B) . Hang in there. BTW how is your article coming along?

Archived