My Biocube 14!

Gvtv44

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Pic-less update! :happy:

ATO OSMOLATOR: $160

SQUIRTING WATER ALL OVER YOURSELF WHEN "trying it out" : Priceless.

I tried it in some paper cups, and well, it's stronger than I thought!

I love this little thing! It is working excellently, and keeps my water at the perfect level. The only drawback is this is made for a larger tank, so I had to lower the water level, which made chamber 2 back into a semi wet dry, so what I did was wedge a small condiment cup cap on the output into chamber 2, and the LR stay submerged, while the cheato is in a wet dry envronment- seems to be working so far. So yes, ATO's are awesome, but I had to sacrifice some water volume. I did not "mod" the ATO because, besides costing almost as much as the tank, when (I still want to!) I upgrade to a larger tank, I don't want any problems.

Haven't done a wc in 7 weeks :gasp: Everything is fine though :)

Oh, did I mention I got two clownfish, and an anemone for $60? Some guy was bringing them in for $$ at the LFS, and I bought them while they were still in the bag! Ocellaris- ~ 1", I believe they are a mated pair, and they like humans, and eat flake and pellet foods- I couldn't ask for a better deal!!! (I could actually, HOST YOUR 'ENENEMYINEMINEY! )

The tank is good though B)

• 2 weeks later...

Lost a clown today :(

It was hiding for several days, then yesterday it reappeared pale and emaciated. Bullying was also evident, as he got the Sh*t beat out of him by his "mate"... Today I came home to find it laying on the sand...

but get this!

My tank went into action against Ammonia production! I had my shrimp eating away, hermits having a sit down dinner, and a bristle worm making quick work of his flesh :)

could you explain how you did your extra fan ( the computer fan) mod? I can't get the pictures to work to see how you did it.

Also, what kind of computer fan was it? wattage, brand...

i'm having huge temp fluctuations. to day it was up to almost 90 and then when i opened the top and put a fan on it took it all the way down to 77. the heater couldn't keep up.

thanks!

Update: Went to petco and "rescued" a clown- the guy was like "I am glad you're taking it, you know your stuff :) " In good health too!

Cali-chick: Sure. Get a computer fan, a smaller sized one, for a processor, from radioshack of staples (I had one lying around). Be sure it is a 2 wire fan!!! Find a power adaptor from a cell phone charger/ old piece of electronic equipment that matches the voltage and amperage. It can be a little off, but exact match is the safest. Better yet, while at radioshack, buy a variable output power supply. My fan is 12 watts. Then, simply pull the connector off, and strip ~.75" of insulation off of each wire, and do the same to the other item's wires. After matching the wires, twist tight, then twist together. Tape together using electical tape. Then, using zip ties, suspend between the power cords for the lights, so it hangs at an angle. Good Luck! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEGA PIC UPDATE!!!

11-6-07.jpg

11-6-0776.jpg

11-6-0766.jpg

11-6-0765.jpg

11-6-0764.jpg

Hey A!

Its been about an hour, what , no update?? :huh::lol:

Looking very sweet! Everyone looks pretty happy. Keep it up!!

Flatworms suk huh? :angry:

flat worms...

Flat Worms...?

FLAT WORMS???

FLAT WORMs???????????

AHHHHHHHHHH

no, I knew about them -_-

How do I get rid of them naturally... or I don't? I don't want to crash my tank, as I know their danger :(

SweetCorraline

naturally? hmm individually siphoning them. green (target) mandarins are known to eat them, so i would get about 5 of them (just kidding mandarin nazis) And i believe six lines eat em as well. of course going with the fish eradication option commits you to the fish.

Yea, I baster them out! (Turkey) But I have come to love and accept them as part of the reefing experience... as long as they don't reach critical density and die off... causing mass extinction, I'll be O.K.

A six line has been though of, and almost purchased ;)

looks awesome!!!

i'm jealous!

btw, i did that fan mod, it works! made me feel like a genius, :lol: cutting wires and taping! :D haha, thanks a bunch!

AHHHHHHHHHH

no, I knew about them -_-

How do I get rid of them naturally... or I don't? I don't want to crash my tank, as I know their danger :(

Yup, as already suggested, the turkey baster and patience or a six line wrasse. I had flat worms going crazy in my prop tank and I tried a six line in there. He did a great job cleaning up! But sadly, he went carpet surfing yesterday :o:tears::tears:

What a shame, beautiful fish with a bunch of personality.

Tank is looking great man....nice and healthy for sure. But good lord, might be time to trim the ol' ball of Chaeto you got there....looks like the container is going to explode omgomgomg

Cali-girl: Thanks! I am sure yours will look better in the end! I sort of don't have the patience to aquascape, and have gotten into the habit of throwing stuff in (I am dead serious) and seeing where it lands/ fits :lol: Glad to hear the fan mod worked, and I assume you didn't blow yourself up :happy: How much did it lower the temps?

Needreefunds: I am sorry to hear that.. you really liked him/ her if I recall. :( RIP! :closedeyes:

Did you have a lid? (One of the problems I am combatting- topless or not... it would seem obvious :naughtydance: , but then I have to deal with fish jumping out :lol:

Divecj5: Thanks! Yea, I have been ripping it off by the handful, and compacting it in the back... where it dries up, then I pour water on it, and soon dries soon :lol: I will start sending it away soon... look for a contest sometime today or tomorrow in the livestock forum :)

Nope, no lid. I got some pond screen from another NR member (Thanks Stoney!) And have yet to make my cover as I intend to run a sump on that tank and I'm not sure what will still be HOB or not.

He/she was a very cool fish.

But, topless or not? Silly question really.

:lol:

Archived