Cultivated Reef

My Biocube 14!

Gvtv44

Needreefunds
WTH is we me lately... buying with out researching rolleyes

Well, I have it isolated... let's see how it goes for a little while...

Have YOU seen the Shin Mao tanks in OG2? What do you think?

IMPULSE BUY= BAD!!! :lol:

We have all been there, even though we all know better! I think that may be the most well known, and most often broken reefing rule LOL. I also forgot to mention that the grape had somehow gotten into my fuge and took over big time! I pulled out the chaets and it all came out like a brick! Wound up tossing it all and starting over with a piece from my other tank.

Sorry, no, I didn't see them. And I'm not familiar with them.

Have you given up on the "super tank" already???

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to hear about you losing your clam bro! May it RIP.

Im about to get some chaeto for my tank!

I hope it clears up my nitrates

I have 10ppm in there

yeah sorry to hear about the clam :(

They dont last to long under that pc lighting, i am also thinking about buying a few clams when my MH fixture comes in at my LFS!!!

NRF: (yOUR NEW NAME!) As for the super tank... no room, no $, no space... etc (you know what I mean?) For Now ;) I don't mean to be pushy, but go see that tank!!! I want your opinion before I purchase :happy:

surf: thanks for the condolences... wait a month or too, and I'll have a clam yet again! (MH BABY!!!) :lol: Good luck with the cheato... it should def. work!

Ronin: While my clam died from a hole in it, I will not be trying a new one until I get MH.... but when I have money to waste one day, (never rolleyes ) I will do experiments! (mmwahhhahhaha!!!) Good Luck!

The Urchin war!

It all began when the hunter saw his prey eating his zoas he got from oceancube....

He quickly grabbed a plastic container, a bamboo skewer, hazmat gloves, and went on the defense!

He stabbed and stabbed the urchin to make it recede, but it would not penetrate it's iron armor... so he tried to grab it... and it wouldn't budge...

He pulled and pulled until all his aquacaping was ruined... like the hunter in mobydick, he was relentless! Half of his mountain of live rock was toppled, but the urchin was indeed defeated....

In a gladewear container he sat till his foe did the weekly water change... he was then placed in the cheato holder with inpenetrable nylon stocking placed all around, and a rock on top, to konk him in the head if he dared escaped... until Saturday, there is where he shall lie... until he goes back to the LFS, to once again be purchase by a stupid noob, and destroy their tank...

If he so chooses to escape, the penalty is death by microwave!

So where did my cheato and evil grape macro go? into an empty filter cartridge next to it... I also FOUND some coral today while rebuilding after the incident... bleached, but recoverable palys :D

Needreefunds
The Urchin war!

It all began when the hunter saw his prey eating his zoas he got from oceancube....

He quickly grabbed a plastic container, a bamboo skewer, hazmat gloves, and went on the defense!

He stabbed and stabbed the urchin to make it recede, but it would not penetrate it's iron armor... so he tried to grab it... and it wouldn't budge...

He pulled and pulled until all his aquacaping was ruined... like the hunter in mobydick, he was relentless! Half of his mountain of live rock was toppled, but the urchin was indeed defeated....

In a gladewear container he sat till his foe did the weekly water change... he was then placed in the cheato holder with inpenetrable nylon stocking placed all around, and a rock on top, to konk him in the head if he dared escaped... until Saturday, there is where he shall lie... until he goes back to the LFS, to once again be purchase by a stupid noob, and destroy their tank...

If he so chooses to escape, the penalty is death by microwave!

So where did my cheato and evil grape macro go? into an empty filter cartridge next to it... I also FOUND some coral today while rebuilding after the incident... bleached, but recoverable palys :D

What, no pics of your new aqua-scape???? :lol:

" inpenetrable nylon stocking " huh? Knew a girl in high school who had those...... :rolleyes:

BTW, Your PM box is full !?!

Well, Mr. Urchin escaped, but I was stopped from microwaving it :( So I made a high security prison:

DSC00029-1.jpg

Not the nylon stocking, ruberbanded around soap dish, then the (useless till it escaped) drip tray rubber banded to the dish, with LR on top, against my lighting- he would have to pick up the rock, drip tray, and my tanks hood to get out... so he moved the whole contraption across my tank, and it ended up uside down, stuck to the front of my tank :lol: Gotta give him credit for style :D

So he went back to the LFS today. GOOD RIDENCE TO YE! but i kinda miss him nwo.....

Oh, and you know how AT& T took over cingular? Ever since I have been getting fewer bars in fewer places:

DSC00030-2.jpg

Wazz dis?

DSC01139.jpg

Oh, and I have decided I SHALL INDEED be upgrading to the Shin Mao 30g... wish me luck! In a week or two, we shall discuss the move ;)

Oh, and the grape c. is gone! I saw an article how it is taking over real reefs, so I smooshed it up, and let it bake in the sun with my clam... who has been stripped of any remaining flesh my ants didn't eat, via boil -ination... I figure I'll mount zoas to it or something like that.

I dk yet.. still in the planning stages of the new one... I will most likely be keeping it... (I don't want you waiting for something that will never be for sale ;) ) It may be another nano, or FW, I dk yet...

THE TICK!!!

Probably as soon as my Gpa is out of the hospital- I am WAY too busy at the moment with work and taking care of things to be tearing down/ setting up another nano- taking the time to do maintenence on this one is hard enough :o

Soon, very soon though! I am freaking obsessive over this new tank...it isn't even that amazing, but the plans I have aquascaping wise and planning out new tanks is just my thing... I've setup 9+ tanks in the past 3 yrs... 7 are still up... it issooooooooo addicting... I swear, if I had the room/ money, every foot of wall space would have a tank. Hence my need for my 5,000 Gallon dream tank :lol:

But for now, the 30 G will be my dream tank.

I am thinking:

Tank

Stock Skimmer

150 watt MH

2 x 24" T5 Actinics

Stand

ATO

Some sort of cheapy resevoir

Using the same timers, power strips, etc

Wireless digital thermometer (have now)

50 watt titanium heater (will this be enough?? I figure with the MH, it should be fine?)

Stock pump

2x Koralia 1's or 1 1 and 1 2.

Need to buy more sand.

Becoming a nutrisea water dealer (seriously) so I won't have to pay that much.

Maybe more rock-

Rock will be in 2 weird triangles, and tank will look like it has 2 "fronts" Basically coral will be seperated by type- all shrooms together, all zoas, acans, 3 plates in a triangle, two scallops gaurding the pathway to the back of the tank, three clams, some sps, lps, lot's of acans, ZOAS!!, and fish... any ideas for fish? Oh, and an anemone (RBTA) and a frogspawn... and other random stuff....

eDiT:

Oh, and it will not be wet dry, just lot's of rubble. One or Two of the coralife moon lights attached to right side, like beams shining in, highlighting stuff... and maybe some flat soap dishes for little frags on the right side... I made a scale drawing, and I am already out of room though... maybe things shrink when you put them in the tank? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATEZ!

No pics for a while my nano-peeps, camera phone fell into brine shrimp DIY hatcher, and well... no pics for a while :(

I have added many things including:

coco worm

zoas (got a really good deal)

xenia

shrooms

other stuff :lol:

As soon as I have a camera, it will be picture time!!!

Needreefunds

DOH! :angry: Sorry 'bout your phone Bud. Looking forward to some pictures. Gee, that's like two pic-less updates for you in the past couple months. Don't think you'll be able to sleep at night!. :lol:

VW: Thanks, yea, it did change a lot since you were here last :lol: Glad you are back!

NRF:I know... it bothers me... I can't eat, sleep... heck, even my performance at work is suffering!

Needreefunds
VW: Thanks, yea, it did change a lot since you were here last :lol: Glad you are back!

NRF:I know... it bothers me... I can't eat, sleep... heck, even my performance at work is suffering!

:lol:

Small update- sorry for the HORRIBLE pics, but you know, with my phone broken, I am stuck with this one- that SUKKS... oh well :)

I added a lot of stuff:

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

Rrevamped the dragon's lair (wow... that sounds so lame) :

IMG_1073.jpg

My stupid coco worm decide to hide whilst taking pics... then as soon as I put the memory chip in my 'puter, it came out... :rolleyes: oh well... maybe next time :happy:

Archived