ReefCleaners.org

My Biocube 14!

Gvtv44

Rev: I think I'll try to go for the soap dish chaeto method. Think that will solve the problem?

Should be fine -- but what do you have in chamber 2?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LR rubble and a pura pad on top... does enough light reach there so I don't need another light? If so I'll put it back there- I have the 3.24 mod.. I can't add another light, as I am fighting temp problems as it is. Thanks!

That really nice piece of liverock doesn't look like the fiji I have seen. It is probably from some other South Pacific Island around there, and the LFS just sold it as Fiji. It looks way nicer! anyways live your biocube, keep up the good work.

Thanks! The boxes next to the curing bin said Grade A Walt Fiji LR... hmm, maybe I grabbed something else!? Oh well, I practically stole it, and I couldn't be happier! :D

Needreefunds

Hey Buddy, overdue for an update!! Nice Discus BTW. Are you still having temp issues ? Did you get any chaeto yet ? If not shoot me a PM with address and I will send you some. Did you get to go out for some CUC members this weekend?

Ok, Pic- less update (will post pics when everyone is out in my tank). I went to Ocean Gallery II 1/2 an hour ago, and purchased: 2 cerith snails, 2 turbo snails, a scarlet hermit, and got 3 starfish (freebies). The scarlet started vacuuming the substrate as soon as he hit the sand, and the snails got to work on the GHA.

QN: pics today or tomorrow!

Amsr: I got turbos, you can tell me if they are mehicano from the pics :happy:

Needreefunds: Thanks for the compliment, yes, temp issues, but they are getting under control :D I will be getting a fan for the hood later this week. Once I get a soap dish, I will be sure to PM you for some cheato! Thanks, I appreciate it!

Pics are coming! :D

I am an idiot!!! My so called scarlet hermit is actually a huge snail, lmao :haha: I feel so stupid... It was in a tank with scarlet hermits, and well, I guess I picked out the only snail in the bunch -_- Oh well...

Ok, here is the requested onslought (sp?) of Pics!

Two FTS!

ftsmarch25.jpg

FTSmarch252.jpg

A feather duster- I have dozens of them growing!

FD.jpg

My pseudo hermit (it's a snail)

eye.jpg

bigsnail2.jpg

Freebie! (I got three of them)

starfish.jpg

If you look closely, you can see my 2 turbos and my ceriths as well. Hopefully I can go back soon and actually get hermits :lol:

Very nice tank! I'm looking at getting into SW and your tank is one I am looking at. Keep up the good work, and keep us posted!!!

Needreefunds
Thanks! Someone cares! :tears::P

Well, I went back to the LFS today, and got more of a true CUC!

So, what I got thus far:

The suspense is KILLING ME

:haha:

Finally, I announce to you... the clean up crewwww!!! (Chicago Bulls theme- when MJ was around :haha: )

1st up:

The Surprise!

A skunk cleaner- they had this gorgous specimen- I had to take it!

skunk.jpg

My fighting conch: see that dirty filter grate- it is now cleaner than when I got it- who dunnit? Guess!

IMG_0711.jpg

Feather duster- I have dozens! They grow like weeds!

IMG_0708.jpg

A scarlet Hermit:

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

Hermit/ snail rock- they are attracted to it for some reason...

IMG_0698.jpg

The tank- a moody shot:

IMG_0689.jpg

Mini blue hermit:

IMG_0687.jpg

Some of the CUC:

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

FTS!!!

IMG_0674.jpg

Skunk aclimating! (For 30 minutes..)

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

Aclimation

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

aclimation.jpg

The conch yesturday:

IMG_0645.jpg

Before the GHA struck! I swear my FW green thumb is shining through- I don't ming the green- till coral comes anyway :P

IMG_0452.jpg

Hermit:

AnthonyVastano.jpg

I got 8 of these for free!

starfish-1.jpg

SO... whaddaya think???? :D Stacked enough? Worth the wait??? I will get an urchin next week! fingerscrossed

Cool little stars and nice CUC. Did they take care of your GHA? Mine is starting to grow like crazy and I don't know how to stop it. Good luck.

Archived