ReefCleaners.org

my wife put my chrismas present under the tree.

71vwbug

TEALCOBRA..... I knew there was something I liked about you. ;) I am also a Yankee fan, but I go back to the days of Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra, when I lived in N.Y. state as a kid. Now I live in Evansville, IN. the home of Don Mattingly! He still resides here during the off-season. Sorry to get off topic.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
then i got up after a few beers and decided it was a good idea to try to jump a ramp on my cousins ghetto broke down bmx lol. bmx and beer don't mix to well hehe!!

who?

Those two made my night!! Thanks buick :lol:

As I posted earlier, I could possibly take that for a joke, except anytime ive seen the guy post it has been a smart-aleck comment or degrading someone... he's a forum troll. -_-

I especially liked the thread where the poor fellow needed some cheato and he offered, for $15 :lol:

I especially liked the thread where the poor fellow needed some cheato and he offered, for $15 :lol:

Last post I saw him make was telling somebody that their video they made of their tank was brutal, blah, blah,blah....

Alright everyone, looks like many are trying to help any way they can.

I have to get through some banking commission crap today, but I will post a list of what people have offered.

Once we have that we can start figuring out which items would work best together and kind of do a pre-design thing. I want to ensure that we don't accept anything that won't be used as it would be rude to our members that offered.

I will need help in deciding which items would work best with one and other so everyone needs to pipe up once the list is up.

Thanks again everyone ! And for those of youthat just dont have any extra gear (like me), dig through the discount bin at your local LFS, or just tag a long for the ride and help us get Vdub specced. There are plently of ways to help without giving equipment !

As anyone offered lights yet? ( Sorry...too late to read every post in this thread in detail!) I was gonna give my twin brother my old light fixure, but he's not setting up a "open top" tank. It's a CSL 2x40 with moonlights. Will work great with a 10 or 15galllon, as I used it for both size tanks: Bulbs should be replaced ( they are a year old) are avaible still through current-usa. If it will work for you, and you don't have lights yet...it's yours :D

Here's a picture of my old 15gallon with the fixture to give you a idea of what it looks like:

nano4.jpg

God bless and Merry Christmas :D

I am in champaign, so I am the closest yet it seems. I am sorry to bring this up and then not be around to jump in on it. If you are in the area, or could be I could set you up with a tank no problem. Otherwise it sounds like you are being well cared for by the brotherhood. Give a holla once you need frags. Have some pretty rare stuff that will be foonting big time by the time your cycled and ready! Good luck.

And you may be 3 hours south of chicago if you fly! Your more like 5- its about 3 hours from here to carbondale and about 2. somthing to chicago.

that sounds about right syrinx on distance. i was just guessing i have never been there. i only live about 30 minutes east of carbondale.

cephas- im not sure what they have figured out....

I was about to say the same thing..... Who is sending him the tank ?!?!? We need that and some sort of filtration first and foremost.....

I'm still on board with a mj 606, and if needed a 24w pc bulb and connecting wires (ballest conched out)

Okay here we go....this is for basics not corals....

New tank smell:: test kit, hydrometer, heater,++

Nanoguy153:: Lighting 30" orbit

Wonderboy:: Maxijet 606, +lighting if needed

Fishgeek::30L??, CPR pak 2, coral ballast

Tealcobra: Expertise, epoxy rods

Mr Fosi:: Heater

Me:: LR, Lighting ballast

Please no offense to anyone I forgot, i skimmed though. Lets get a confirmation form each person and one of each, and go from there!! :D:D:D:D

I might be helping a friend setup a reef tank within the next few weeks, so I may be putting in another order for some Marcorocks... If I do, Ill get him some of those too. :)

I might be helping a friend setup a reef tank within the next few weeks, so I may be putting in another order for some Marcorocks... If I do, Ill get him some of those too. :)

Huh

Can also through in a "little" live sand and some rooting macro. Let's see if we can get the ante up'ed and a few more live souls on board with a sig link...

Yeah, its just dry fiji rock... I liked it because i was able to do all my aquascaping on my table to make sure it looked the way I wanted it to and then I put it into my tank. :)

... also some mini-stars and/or bristle worms (reef safe with the normal stipulation that they aren't huge in population and you start feeding your tank a lot less)

Yeah, its just dry fiji rock... I liked it because i was able to do all my aquascaping on my table to make sure it looked the way I wanted it to and then I put it into my tank. :)

Oh I see. How do you get the "live" part going? Do you add more LR on top of that, or is that all you use?

Okay here we go....this is for basics not corals....

New tank smell:: test kit, hydrometer, heater,++

Nanoguy153:: Lighting 30" orbit

Wonderboy:: Maxijet 606, +lighting if needed

Fishgeek::30L??, CPR pak 2, coral ballast

Tealcobra: Expertise, epoxy rods

Mr Fosi:: Heater

Me:: LR, Lighting ballast

Please no offense to anyone I forgot, i skimmed though. Lets get a confirmation form each person and one of each, and go from there!! :D:D:D:D

I am willing to donate a bag of live sand

yes i can still give the tank it is 30 gallons but it is longer the it is tall instead of the normal 29 gallon tanks. I am willing to and 2 pc ballast that are 65 watts so i think it will be a pretty good setup as for as light. The bak pak 2 i dont like it personally but hey if you want it, it's all yours. I will give the measurements for the tank some time soon!! I have to go get it from my mother's garage.

Archived