SaltCritters.com

Fish, finally

MKramer

After a month of watching and waiting, we finally got to add some fish to our nano.  We went with a pair of tank-raised ocellaris clowns.

clown.jpg

The picture quality is bad, but our digital camera is an inexpensive little job, and I'm shocked the picture turned out THIS good.  

Funny thing about one of the clowns: his stripes aren't complete.  The middle stripe goes from the bottom of his left side, up over his back, and the only a third of the way down his right side.  Then his caudul stripe isn't connected on his underside.  It's kind of cute.  Has anyone seen this before?  They're quite young, I was wondering if it's something that might change as he ages, or it's his permanent markings.

More on our nano can be found at http://ubermensch.org/reef

(Edited by MKramer at 4:17 pm on April 23, 2002)

Congrats on your new clowns! I've seen clowns with partial stripes as well, (they were also tank raised..) at my LFS, some have the stripes going half way and some barely even have stripes at all! Just a small little stripe barely going halfway down each side of their bodys. I'm not sure if the stripes will develope as they get older but they're still really cute no matter what!

So far they're happy as clams.

Pun intended.

And they'll eat any kind of food I throw at them.  I love these guys, they're cute, hysterical, and watch movies with us (see thread in General Discussion).  

Thanks.  I like the way the rockwork looks now, but I am a little worried about having sufficient spots for placing coral in the future.  Our auqascape is almost all slope and no flat spot.  High light/current spots are especially difficult to find.

Archived