Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

11 Gal Via-Aqua

Kassun

NanoReefer53

hey kassun...i'll hire u to make me a better banner for my website =D

The tank looks like it's commin along great ! Watch out for that starfish though, they eat snails so any clean-up crew isn't safe =P

maroonclown05

nice tank kassun - how hard is it to keep an anenome in such a small tank?  i have a 12 and was thinking about a bubble tip, but i heard that if you lose an anenome, it can explode and take out the whole tank

quiksilver5768

Well a BTA(bubble tip anemone) is a totally diffeent story from a Condy. Condy's are one of the hardiest anemones out there along with rock anemones. Condy anemones are pretty easy to keep just feed it about 2 times a week. I dont know what kassun does with the condy in his tank but mine has grown considerably large and i feed it about 2 times a week with half a piece of frozen krill. Also, if kept properly, condy's grow large pretty fast unlike other anemones and can be very stressful to other tank mates when moving around. They are also known for getting sucked up into powerhead intakes. :)

I believe a Chocolate Chip Star gets as big as 5". I have had my Condy for 1 month now, it's doing great, I feed it a 1/2" cube of Mysis Shrimp 2 times a week with a long turkey baster. It's growing very fast and moves to a new spot once a week. I came home the other day and it was sucked into my HOB Filter, but is doing fine now.

NanoReefer53: Maybe we could work out some type of barter for a frag :) . It'll be awhile, I am still recovering from surgey and I still have to get Chris' logo done.

Thanks for the feed back,

Kassun

Where did you fnd a Via-Aqua, and is the lighting stock with the setup? I've been looking at on on ebay for my desk at work, but I don't know much about them. The Ebay tank is hot pink"yuck" but listed at $100. If that has the lights like yours I might just suffr with the pink...I like the looks of those tanks. Or....do you know an online site where I can find them, Google doesn't comeback with anything! You can Private Message me here if you would like, any help from anyone is appreciated!

uhhh, I didn't think Choc. Chip Star fish were Reef Safe.

I have one in my 55 FO tank. (That I'm in the process of tearing down so I can move and rebuild as a FOWLR)

As far as the size of it. It is aprox 3.5" - 4" in dia. and it moves constantly.

As far as I know the Via-Aqua is not avaible online. They are new and the manufacture doesn't have a site. Best chance is to see if your LFS can order you one. I paid 100.00 for my 11 gal. They sell fast. My LFS got 15 11gal's in and they all sold in 3 hours.

Happy Hunting :)

Kassun

IllusionaryDreams
http://www.commodityaxis.com/index2.htm   If you are looking for more info on the ViaAqua Aquariums.  I was looking at one of the 11's myself for the office, but I think I'll go with Chris's 7.5 instead.  My LFS has one of these and they are nice, complete with lights filter and all, but the are high more then wide.

Archived