Pod Your Reef

Whens the new contest?

PseudanthiasVentralis

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say a simpler contest that anyone(or at least more people) can join, not requireing the investment in a new full setup.

Best DIY, best coral growth, or something that benefits the hobby itself, like propagation, etc...

Best article or EDU thread... Any worthy articles, etc.. can be put on the main site's info area.

I love the household object concept.... lets push the envelope... I know supahtim did a coffee pot a while back...... it looked sweet....

Pinner Reef
I say a simpler contest that anyone(or at least more people) can join, not requireing the investment in a new full setup.

Best DIY, best coral growth, or something that benefits the hobby itself, like propagation, etc...

Best article or EDU thread... Any worthy articles, etc.. can be put on the main site's info area.

Perhaps an upgrade contest :huh:

-pinner

i think a good idea would be a small prop tank, with only aqua cultured corals in the tank

Dang you beat me to it. I think a prop tank build up would be sweet. The next contest I am in. No matter what it is. I think the coffee pot idea is by far the best. That would be cheap and the DIY would be nuts. I VOTE COFFEE POT REEF.

coffee pot contest!! that would be so funny, and wouldnt cost much so more people could join... i'd be down

EDIT: avalanche we posted at the same time... and i think the point of the contest is that everyone starts at the same time so it doesnt matter what you have cause they will all be new tanks... everyone starts at the same time

i think a good idea would be a small prop tank, with only aqua cultured corals in the tank

id like to 3rd that, i would love to do a prop tank and this is a great excuse :))

Pinner Reef

You wanna start a DIY thread on the topic for me Daemon? I did an online seach and there seems to be a lack of info on the topic.

I think I could find a coffee pot though... Damn I use mine as life support for myself.

-pinner

0-sided tank.

No glass, no acrylic, only very strong magnetic fields to keep the water in it's shape.

I like it! It could probably be done with a few thousand volts going through the water ;). I second pinner reef. You should try it - make Tesla proud :D

FW!!! I want an excuse to set up a mini bow 7 dwarf puffer planted tank!!!

^ that's a mouthful :lol:

It would be a nano contest!

I know... a fw planted nano contest, with 15 gallons being the max... and we could have a pico level too... below 5 gallons... cheap, small, inexpensive... what do you think CM?? :huh:

Maeda would win though based on her posts in my thread ("post a pic of your FW tanks!")

I want an excuse to set up a mini bow 7 dwarf puffer planted tank!
I love those Indian Dwarf Puffers. I have thought about setting up a fake saltwater tank for them. Sandy bottom, and maybe some realistic imitation saltwater corals, sea fans, sponges…

The problem that I have with a freshwater contest is that this is Nano-Reef.com and not Nano-Tank.com. I think that it should be a marine system.

BlackOcean

Coffee pot!!!!! Would be cheap and fun. Closed loop on a 12 cup. Refumium in the water container in the back. Retro lights. Right on the kitchen counter. Think of it.

fraggle rockette
Coffee pot!!!!! Would be cheap and fun. Closed loop on a 12 cup. Refumium in the water container in the back. Retro lights. Right on the kitchen counter. Think of it.

:D so ready for the CP challenge... who needs sleep when you could be reefing?

Archived