Innovative Marine Aquariums

Whens the new contest?

PseudanthiasVentralis

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When the new contest i would love to start up a 6" by 6" cube but i need an excuse..........lol Or a 2.5 gallon.

already had a pico contest. i doubt people would do the cube design either....

have you done something that small before? alot of work to keep it stable

i doubt there will be another pico contest but maybe. there were alot of people who wanted another pico contest....

next contests isnt going to be for a while and when i say awhile i mean a few months after this one ends.. and this one just begun in oct. and i am pretty sure is 6 months long so in April is the end date... so the next contest (if there is one) is going to be a few months after april

EDIT** checked the rules, this contest ends on March 31, 2007 ((which is practically april) so if there is going to be another contest it will be a few months after that

PseudanthiasVentralis

No the smallest tank i have kept is a 2 gallon fresh water tank (but who hasent).

I dont mind adding fresh water a few times a day, but if its summer :scarry: I mite have to set it up im my basement were it stays 60 all year round.

Of and i would keep acropora not all that soft coral you all have. :D

:haha: IM CRAZY :haha: That should me my moto lol.

* that should be my moto*

No the smallest tank i have kept is a 2 gallon fresh water tank (but who hasent).

I dont mind adding fresh water a few times a day, but if its summer :scarry: I mite have to set it up im my basement were it stays 60 all year round.

Of and i would keep acropora not all that soft coral you all have. :D

:haha: IM CRAZY :haha: That should me my moto lol.

* that should be my moto*

im not talking about topping off.....thats a given... i mean maintaining paramiters in a tank that small.... have you done saltwater before?

PseudanthiasVentralis
im not talking about topping off.....thats a given... i mean maintaining paramiters in a tank that small.... have you done saltwater before?

Yes, For about 4 or 5 years now and befour that i had a small 10 gallon tank for about 1.5 years.

Ive had fresh water all my life so im no dummy.

I would be doing two or three water changes weekly if i get the 6" cube for the calcium and all that good stuff.

For the 2.5 gallon tank probably a gallon or a half gallon water change every week.

I know i only have like 100 post but the only thing i do when i go online is read about fish.... For about five years. LOL.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm definitely down with a new contest. I'm loving checking out the previous ones. I am hoping to get something going for my desk at work. hopefully smaller than 3 gallons.

-j

psst i heard them saying its gonna be a toilet theme, so grab an empty bathroom in ur house and get ur toilet ready -.O

That’s not a bad idea. Having a contest with tanks that are normal household items like:

• A coffee pot

• Kool-Aid pitcher

• Beer mug

• Flower vase

• 5-gallon jug (ship in a bottle type concept)

It’d also be cool to see what people came up with if they had to use a standard fish bowl.

Specimen tank contest.. . minimal dimensional or volume rules.. . categories for 1, 3 or 5 species, with or without external support (could be plumbed of another tank).

I like the fishbowl idea, get people inventive.

fraggle rockette
BRAUN_KF185.jpg

Maybe with the filter in the filter? I feel a car boot sale rummage coming on.. .

ooh i think i'd have to enter the coffee pot contest :D i haven't done a contest before...

Of course all of you should know, I have a new tank design and I WILL be winning the next one. ;) When ya'll see it your going to die............

Of course all of you should know, I have a new tank design and I WILL be winning the next one. ;) When ya'll see it your going to die............

Show off!!

:lol:

Show off!!

:lol:

You just wait until you see this ultra sexy tank I am going to be building next week ;) You will be drooling. :lol:

so lets get this new contest started this gives me a reason to start up a tank in my office where is the cut off 5.5g? custom and stock entries?

Archived