Top Shelf Aquatics

The Toilet at 3 weeks

lizbeth

5.5 gallon 28 year old glass tank

DYI stand and hood

2x13 watt 1-6400, 1 dark blue (whatever that means) I'm going to add 1 more 13 watt.

Playsand

6 lbs. Figi live rock

Aquaclear 200

Hagen 50 watt Mini Thermal Compact in HOB

3 Margarita snails

3 Blue leg hermits

Lots of shells so the hermits can play dress up!

Showing tank and hood, both lights on. It sits over my flat bed scanner next to my computer.

3weekwhole.JPG

Blue light only

3weekblue.JPG

6400 only

3week6400.JPG

The color is washed out in the pictures, I didn't take time to color correct. The rock has quite a bit of dark pink and lime green coraline on it, some of it has bleached in the last week since I installed the lights.

Thanks!

Cam- I have had the tank since I was in middle school. Ya know I'm older than dirt right? Over the years it has housed guppies, newts, a baby oscar (wrong,wrong, wrong) and crayfish.  :)

Chris and Alife- The rocks are three pieces I picked out of a box at Jeff's. The piece on the left has a hole through it that you can't see in the picture, the middle is an A shaped arch, and the right is the craggy piece that the one hermit keeps getting stuck in. Chris the tank actually finnished cycling in a week.

Delph- One of the crabs changes clothes almost every day, sometimes more than once, it's name is Liberace. The one that has trouble driving is Yugo and the one that just eats and hangs out is Joe.

Thanks pulp!

CroceaMaxima, Thanks I made it from scraps I had laying around. I love power tools!!!

Drew, The heater is in the Aquaclear filter. Here's a picture, it has a lot of glare on it but you can see how it's in there.

hobheater2.JPG

ahh nice setup, i was thinking that but i wasnt for sure didnt think a heater would fit in a aquaclear, figured you might of had a tetratec but the intake didnt look like one from a tetra tec, again sweet setup

-Drew

Archived