Top Shelf Aquatics

58 Reef Ready

suprax

I know I will get BS for posting a tank this size, but I would not have been able to do it without help from the people in the nano reef chat room. Special thanks to Fant. :)

Oceanic 58 Gallon Reef Ready (36½ x 18½ x 21½) w/stand

All-Glass 20 Gallon sump/refigium

2x 150w Ebo-Jagger Heaters

MAG 700 Return Pump

Maxi-Jet 900

All display tank lights in custom hood

2x 65w Custom Sea Life PC Ballast running 10,000k bulbs

2x 30w NO's running 03 Actinic Bulbs

20w NO for the refigium (I belive I will upgrade to a 32w PC)

150lbs Caribsea Special Grade Reef Sand

60lbs Gulf Rock

I think thats just about everything...

Clean up crew is comeing next week.

Some Pics (I don't have the best camera in the world):

A pic of my overflow. I'm useing a durso standpipe. This was takin right after I put the sand in without rinseing it. Got the silt out in about a week with 600 GPH of total floss filtering :)

tank_cloud2_s.gif

tankempty3_sg.gif

tankstart_s.gif

0004042002_s.gif

Just a view of where my tank is situated in My Ag Department's Classroom (they diden't pay for a cent)

agclassroom1_s.gif

yea that tank is cool im helping my science teacher set up a 300 gal that was donated it will all be fish tho

NanoReefer53

aww...all my bio teacher had was a crappy 29g freshwater with fake plants, neons, and angelfish that got ich. I offered to make it into a reef or a planted angelfish tank but she didn't want to spend the money.

SLOreefer

at my school they have a marine biology dept. and they have a cold water tank so they collect stuff locally....i guess they have a permit or something...

Yeah, its at my school. They diden't pay for any of it though :(

I have them in agreement to buy me bulbs and other little things here and there...

Very nice, I am working on my AP Bio teacher. If we can get a grant then we can set the tank up... Got my fingers crossed.

Gaber

Son Of Skyline

That's a beautiful tank. I want one! I wish I had a tank like that in school....the closest thing I got was a very chilled and dark 60gal which we used to hatch salmon eggs and raise the fry.

Archived