Coral Vue Hydros

Update on 15g nano

kryptonite

kryptonite

Here are a few update pics.  

Fish__Flame Hawkfish, and Tomato clown

Inverts__bubble tip anemone, giant feather duster, orange knobby star, coral banded shrimp, peppermint shrimp, three hermits, six astreas (need more snails).

Molluscs (SP?)__Squamosa Clam

Corals__pulsing xenia, green star polyps, button polyps, yellow polyps, and open brain coral.

15g tall, 2 40w vho's (one actinic blue, one aquasun white), 1 36w pc light kit 50/50, and 1 15w NO.

Here are the pics.  If you want more pics just let me know.  Here are two showing the whole tank and one showing my AWESOME open brain.

Dcp_0834sized2.jpg

Dcp_0838sized2.jpg

Dcp_0841sized2.jpg

nice tank cryptonite...keep us posted with some pics....

but i got a question...i have a xenia too..and from what i see your's is under stong current....is yours actually pulsing under that current?

kryptonite

I think that is about it for size on the star.  Yes the xenia is in pretty strong current.  They do not pulse much with the current like that.  If you keep them in slower current and have good water parameters they will start pulsating and they will grow very fast.  Mine grew from that rock up onto the glass in a matter of a week.  I just have the current up for some red slime that I am treating right now.  I'll turn it down later. Thanks for the positive feedback.  Keep it coming.

Very very nice... Lucky to have such a wonderful tank. What species of star is that? Looking good, keep us posted,

gaber

quiksilver5768

Hey...nice tank! Just wondering about your additives...what do you use? Looks like all kent there...

like the rockwork. nice job.

Your clown adopt anything as a host? as well what is coral bottom center to the right of the starfish?

SLOreefer

the reason i say anenome is because on the section under inhabitants it says bta. that is the only thing in the tank that resembles a bta. i guess i could be wrong but im taking an educated guess. hey kryptonite could you clear this up for us? is that the nenome un the bottom center f your tank?

quiksilver5768

Yea, it does look kind of weird for an anemone...but true...it does say BTA. And the closest thing to a BTA in the tank is that coral...

ive been told that hawkfish and shrimp cant cope with eachother is that true with your tank? have your shrimp been picked at or eatn yet? thanks,Chris:)

Kryptonite123

Sorry for being gone.  Had to go to Arkansas to move my girlfriends grandmother down.  Anyway, yes my hawkfish and shrimp get along fine together.  Although I can't say the same for the ghost shrimp. laughing1.gif  And yes, that is the bta that all of you are refering to.  It was bleached pretty bad when I got it but it is definately showing signs of improvement.  It has even been recieving a bit of a tan lately (getting darker every day).  I also added some polyps today.  What kind of polyps you ask... I wish I knew.  I was wondering if one of you could tell me.  They are light green and the wierd thing about them is that they are just a wad of polyps.  Polyps on the bottom, the sides, the top, all around.  And it isn't attached to a rock of any sort.  Just a wad of polyps.  That is freaky to me.  Well here is a pic of them.

Dcp_08451.jpg

I also added a bicolor pseudicromis (SP?) today.  That will definately be the last of my fish.  I haven't got a pic of him yet but maybe tomorrow I'll get out the camera when the lights come on.  I also had to move some rock around.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks.

SLOreefer

i had the same problem with logging on but for some reason it just started working again for like the last 10 minutes. you mihgt want to try again so you can get all of your stars back.

Archived