ReefCleaners.org

Tag along snail....

lizbeth

Bucket o Chum

I think I've seen that snail before at a website except I forgot where. It said that the snail eat polychaetes like bristle worms.

You and the bristle worms....really makes me laugh. Do you have dreams of them eating your rotting corpse? No? Bet you will now.

Liz: Nice whelk, if you want to see if it eats molluscs or coral, hang on to it. If your not that interested in it's diet and you like your snails and corals. Throw it in the trash.

I spent hours looking at whelk pictures. I haven't found one that looks like it, but I'm sure that's what it is. It's really a nice looking thing, I think I will banish it to the sump or the quarintine tank.

I was thinking about this and looked it up. It may very well be a Cerithium, some have similar shape and ornamentation as some whelks. Might just banish it and maybe put in an Astrea to see if it attacks it.

I had the same problem with a few "freebees" I picked up at the LFS. Couldn't find good whelk pics anywhere. I didn't know what they were and they didn't seem to be hurting anything. Then I noticed one ride an Astrea for about a week. I got curious, pulled it off and found a nice little hole drilled in the side. I started picking around my tank and found 6 others just like it.

Hey Accoustic, you could put that guy to work in your zany and non-traditional chocolate factory, imagine the songs he might sing.

Spudds.

Archived