ReefCleaners.org

my dream system is almost a reality!

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

thanks guys. i've really enjoyed putting this tank together. i'm over the moon the transition went as well as it did. i was worried. you know what they say "dont fix what aint broken"

• 2 weeks later...
formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

well calvin, if you were in canada, i'd sell ya a frag, but i dont think it would survive the boarder crossing. i got this one and many others from big al's. ask and i'm sure your local big als or lfs could have one ordered for you.

absolutely beautiful, how did the mag 9.5 or 12 decision turn out?

i went with the mag 9.5. it's was on the verge of overpowering my overflow when i only had the reef set up. now it supplies water to both tanks its perfect.

just like my reply to your thread, i have a valve on the return line. instead of it being routed back to the sump the line goes to the horse tank.

i can ajust the flow in both the top and bottom aquariums by simply opening or closing the valve.

• 3 weeks later...
formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

well i've purchased a few very cool corals for the system, and also picked up a pair of hi fin gobies since my last post. i've added $100 worth of zoas (the orange, the green and the blue) as well as a few others including my tounge coral.

its looking fantastic if i do say so myself. :)

enjoy

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

That is really awesome. Hopefully, in a few years, I will have the experience (and confidence) to design, build, and keep healthy my own dream system. This whole thing is pretty damn inspirational if I must say so myself!

Another Shallow tank that inspires me that I can reach my dreams. There simply aren't enough shallow tanks out there. But, I'm loving what I'm seeing. Great work. If you have any recommendations in helping me build my tank, please post in my 24x24.5x8" thread.

Thanks,

Jgreen

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

well they go by many names, but it has to be the easiest gorgonian to care for. i've had this one over 2 years.

corky finger coral, dead man's fingers,Sea Stalk Briareum etc etc

http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_displa...tid=609&N=0

http://www.etropicals.com/product/prod_dis...cfm?pcatid=1332

they come in purple also, but i'm having a hard time finding one

corky.jpg

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2
lol, i was just about to say that ;) does it grow out of the hood?

its still short enough it fits in the canopy. the plan is, when it grows, i'll drop it down into the macro aquarium :) its 6" deeper, but also has an extra 4" above the aquarium. i'll prune it to keep it from out growing the bottom tank. kinda like a boshia.

IMG_2802.jpg

just for the record. its my favorite aquarium also. :)

thanks for the kind words guys.

tiny gobies rock cliff. i'd like to get a couple yashia's to complete the system. :)

Very Nice

I like how you have out of the ordinary corals in your tank.

Whats your lighting? (or did u mention it somewhere in this thread)

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

very slow, i've had that one for over a year. everytime it grows a new set of leaves, it loses a set. :) it spent most of its life in my sump, i'm hoping the halide will speed up the growth.

IMG_9575.jpg

Darn you Canadians! I have never seen a high finned in a lfs. I had to order the two I had previously. Now I have a ywg. I think he tries to keep the pistol frightened as I never get to see it like I did with the high finned :(

Archived