Pod Your Reef

my dream system is almost a reality!

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

i visit the lounge once in a while. but not alot.

i wear my age well, i'm alot older than i look. i still get proofed for beer and cigarettes, and i've been legal age for well over a decade. :)

i'm very young at heart and spend alot of time boarding (snow,wake,skim, and on very rare occasion skate.lol) i climb/repell and have jumped from most every bridge here in ontario (without being caught i might add.lol) a friend an i actually skied down a 10 story apartment building :) ozzy style riggin.

i think the real secret is, i havent had a full time job in 6 years. :) i do however have a 1001 hobbies that pay the bills. doing my own thing on my own time. :) (starving artist, but i aint starving)

life is just too short to bust your ass making somebody elses pockets fat.

life couldn't be better. loving spouse,new aquarium, heck yesterday i even got what i wanted for xmas. (im easy to please) and its about time.lol

IMG_2088.jpg

i was also under the impression the red macro's needed more light than the green.

i'm using a dual 110v pc lighting fixture, but i've thought about upgrading to a small halide.

any good links on red macro's i might have missed?

btw, thanks everybody for the kind words.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:bowdown:

AWESOME!!!! love the steps...that would be a must for my wife to feed everything...I cant get her interested in anything except feeding B)

Izzue

i was also under the impression the red macro's needed more light than the green.

i'm using a dual 110v pc lighting fixture, but i've thought about upgrading to a small halide.

any good links on red macro's i might have missed?

btw, thanks everybody for the kind words.

It may be true that they do like more light (im unsure) but all of my red macro's did bad under my 10k 150w MH but once i moved them to the refugium(18w 6700k pc) they did great (they are recovering nicely)

i visit the lounge once in a while. but not alot.

i wear my age well, i'm alot older than i look. i still get proofed for beer and cigarettes, and i've been legal age for well over a decade. :)

i'm very young at heart and spend alot of time boarding (snow,wake,skim, and on very rare occasion skate.lol) i climb/repell and have jumped from most every bridge here in ontario (without being caught i might add.lol) a friend an i actually skied down a 10 story apartment building :) ozzy style riggin.

i think the real secret is, i havent had a full time job in 6 years. :) i do however have a 1001 hobbies that pay the bills. doing my own thing on my own time. :) (starving artist, but i aint starving)

life is just too short to bust your ass making somebody elses pockets fat.

life couldn't be better. loving spouse,new aquarium, heck yesterday i even got what i wanted for xmas. (im easy to please) and its about time.lol

IMG_2088.jpg

Leigh, thanks for sharing all your views on life and your other interests! I had to tag another London, Ontario picture onto your post though...this is my view from the back door this morning! That's 32" of snow overnight - yesterday morning we had nothing. Gotta love Canada eh? :o

post-17519-1165584168_thumb.jpg

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

now thats what i'm talking about.

i'd be out boarding but i ran into a problem

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

anybody have a snow cat?

guess they closed the office today, na's at home also.

now thats what i'm talking about.

i'd be out boarding but i ran into a problem

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

anybody have a snow cat?

guess they closed the office today, na's at home also.

Awesome! What an unbelievable dumping we got! I couldn't get down my street this morning even if I tried. At this point, the road is plowed but there is not much use in going to work for just a couple of hours. Anyway, sorry to steal your tank thread with a weather report ;).

I've been following your thread from its inception - the tanks and stand look fantastic! But, on with the hijacking -

Down here in sunny South Florida, it got down to 62 degrees today, and it's drizzling. We're all freaking out about how cold and nasty it is!

I just don't see how you guys can live like that....

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

we get almost florida weather here in summer, the winters are a nice change of pace. you learn to dress for the weather, but once your bundled up, winter sports are a blast.

a 40 of jack, and a taboggan and your set. :)

i do alot of snowboarding, so i pretty much pray for weather like this.

its just like xmas!

I lived in Pennsylvania for most of my life and snow that that --^ is a regular occurance. In fact, I spent the last two winters outside for 60% of my working time (pushing snow of cars at a Chevy dealership).

It's funny really, because here in South Carolina they start closing schools if the weather guys say there's a 30% of 1/2 an inch.

I lived in Pennsylvania for most of my life and snow that that --^ is a regular occurance. In fact, I spent the last two winters outside for 60% of my working time (pushing snow of cars at a Chevy dealership).

It's funny really, because here in South Carolina they start closing schools if the weather guys say there's a 30% of 1/2 an inch.

which is exactly why i'm not in PA anymore, over here my windows open, my tanks getting some natural sun, and my shirt is off ;)

Icy, can you ask Chris M to move this thread to members aquarium section? i have a hard time locating it on the general discussion! or link it in your signature or something! regardless, it is looking fantastic!

Props on your beautiful tanks - I think the best compliment I can give is that the tanks look like they have been there forever. I envy your DIY skills. That snow is great - I live in the snow belt here in NE Ohio where we get lake effect snow so I can relate. We only got 12" yesterday.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

thanks guys.

ez, theres a new link in my sig. just for you. :) i'll ask chris to move the thread also.

i had to jail my banggia once again. my pipe fish (which has a hard time eating large mysis shrimp) decided the banggia looked very tasty. i walked by the aquarium this evening, just in time to see him setting up for the kill. i dont know how he ever expected to fit them into his mouth, but he was definatly hunting.

i fished out the banggia quickly. and the pipe wasnt too happy about it. i'd fish one out, and he'd move to the next.

no banggia where hurt.

so the burning question? i have a 30g reef, a 45g macro tank and a 15g sump. grand total of a 90g setup.

do i still own a nano tank? :) my reef is only 30g's.lol

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

i did alittle aquascaping this evening. i just moved around a few rocks. with everthing just getting over the transfer, i didnt want to stir up to much trouble. :)

lights went off before i managed to finish. heres a few night life shot's

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

i think night time is my fav. time to stare at the aquarium :)

Archived