SaltCritters.com

Bi-Color Angelfish okay in a 20H gallon?

KOFP

get something small. no angels; they can destroy your reef anyways. firefish, royal gramma, royal dottyback, shrimp goby, those are all fine choices, but please, NO ANGELS!

Sorry i can't offer advice.

I would be intrested in peoples thoughts on a 29g 24"x14"x24"(LxWxH) and any angels that may be sutable. KeeperOfFishyPeace if you want an angel could you get a bigger tank? Just thinking of another way around the problem. :huh:

• 3 months later...

Hey!

I've got a bi-color angelfish!!! :D Seen below, hsi names Maverick ;)

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

No one on here seems to have owned, or own one :( I made several threads asking for help... they didn't really know what they were talking about. So, coming from a guy *with* experience, lets start! lol

When i got mine, hes about 3", he ate at the shop. When i got home he adjusted very well! :) Active, gorgeous, i've always wanted one, so i couldn't have been happier! Until he didn't eat :( They are very, and i mean VERY picky eaters. They dont like 90% of foods, and it sucks! The water quality was perfect, and all!!! So, i didnt think he was under stress. He didn't eat anything for a good 2 weeks :( and i thought he was gonna die any minute! Until yesterday! :D He ate SOO MUCH mysis shrimp, and is now hooked!!! Hes very healthy again, plump, nie bright colour like his good old self! :) Im SOOO PLEASED!!!... After all, i've wanted a bicolor angelfish since i was 8 or so (im now 17)...

They dont really swim alot. He likes his cave, and will swim around yes, but not as active as tangs, or other angels. Maybe he's still a bit shy, but it's been 3 weeks now, and he stays in his lil area 70% of the time. He *does* however pick at my xenia :( Not that much, and i dont really care if he eats them... as i'd rather have a gorgeous angel, then xenia i got for free thats spreding ALL over my tank... Check out my diary in my thread for more info on Maverick, and my tank in general! ;)

I want to go to Wheres The Reef this weekend to get my clowns... Have you seen good ones? Or any True percs?

Flick

i'm not going with an angel because of the chance it will pick at my corals, also, i realized my tank is too small for an angel. i'm thinking of a friedmani pseudochromis ( a.k.a orchid dottyback), a six-line wrasse, or a purple firefish. maybe a royal gramma, i don't know. probably one of the 4.

i'm not going with an angel because of the chance it will pick at my corals, also, i realized my tank is too small for an angel. i'm thinking of a friedmani pseudochromis ( a.k.a orchid dottyback), a six-line wrasse, or a purple firefish. maybe a royal gramma, i don't know. probably one of the 4.

royal gamma and dottyback are both agressive!

be warned!

punk-o-rama

A six-line will eat all of your pods and things of the like im pretty sure. Personally I'd go for a goby or a blenny. I have a Bi-colour blenny in my eclipse six and he has got to be one of the coolest fish i have ever kept/seen. He just skipps around between his 3 caves and has more personality than me. Plz dont get all PETA on my A$$ he will be moving to my 100 or so gal when i move house.

• 5 years later...
have an opportunity to get one so I put in a search

I would say no. Only angelfish I would try in a 20L would be a cherub or flameback. Both are cool btw and I would recommend one. I have a cherub and he's the bomb.com

I would say no. Only angelfish I would try in a 20L would be a cherub or flameback. Both are cool btw and I would recommend one. I have a cherub and he's the bomb.com

Thanks for the response....only reason I asked cause I may get for free

Thanks for the response....only reason I asked cause I may get for free
np. It'd probably be ok for awhile if he was little but they can get up to 6" and I wouldn't keep one in a 20L permanently.

Seems no matter what anyone tells him he is gonna put it in the tank. I foolishly put 1 in my 20L without knowing and its dead now, never again knowing better.

I mean I think it depends how big the fish is initially. If it's almost full grown then that's a definite no. If its little then it's possible I think for a little while.

Archived