ReefCleaners.org

Here's my 3 gallon eclipse

Korbin

Here are some big pics of my 3 gallon.  Its been running for about 4 months now.  I just buy my water at the LFS, and do weekly water changes.

Here's some specs:

about 3.5 lbs liverock

1 green striped shroom

1 red shroom

1 blue shroom + 1 baby blue shroom

1 candycane polyp w/star polyps on stalk

7 small blue leg hermits

1 peppermint shrimp named Jen

2 banded trochus snails

3 worthless astrea snails

1 margarita snail

Nitrates are at 0.  

JBJ clip on 18watt light

lexan lid - that I made myself

no filter, just a minijet

DSCF0022.JPG

Heres the front of the tank.  I made that mushroom rock by attaching individual mushrooms on at a time.

DSCF0018.JPG

Heres a picture of the candycane polyp that I bought for $2.  The picture doesnt do the color justice.  Its actually neon green in the center.  You can see the star polyps growing on the side.

qoq nice tank but is that alge on the side of the tank? but its a nice set up giid luck,Chris:)

Yeah thats algae.  All kinds of it, too.  I only scrape the front of the tank.  I guess I'm afraid my snails will run out of food.

Drysocket

Looks good.  

The picture of the CandyCane turned out really good.  I know you have the same camera as me. I just discovered that if you put it on the "autoflash" setting, your close-ups will come out much more clear.  The color get's kind of funky, though.  Doesn't seem to work to well for distance shots, though.  

That's a lot  of coralline for being up only 4 months.  Good deal on the candycane, too.

i wish my tank would grow coralline that fast...i know it must be a pain to clean but ohwell....id be happy

printerdown01

Hey Korbin, do you supplement with anything, if not what kind of salt do you use (just curious about your calcium and other nutrient levels...)? Weekly or semi-weekly water changes (10, 15, or 20%)? By the way tank looks great!

To tell you the truth, I have no idea what my calcium and other nutrients are.  I just use premixed water that I buy from my LFS for $1/gallon.  Not bad for 3 gallons.  I use that to do my water changes, and I assume it replaces any lost minerals and nutrients.  I change about a half gallon a week.   My LFS does free water tests, in which they test for EVERYTHING, and they tell me that my water is fine.  So I don't mess with it.   The coralline has really taken off just this past month.  I guess I can find out what kind of salt they use at the LFS one of these days...  Sorry I cant answer your questions.

Archived