SaltCritters.com

HELP- Sexy shrimp care :)

R*Frost*

i recently visted my LFS and noticed that in thier main display tank a couple of sexy shrimps and decided thier and then i needed to look after such facinating creatures.

My question is is this info to look after them right OR if you have any info on them yourselves like feeding,rockscaping,types of corals,fish, or inverts to keep them with.

comman name: Sexy shrimp

Reef safe

Food: Carnivious. Chopped meaty foods,worms,flake food.

special considerations: Harmed by fishes that might eat it. (would a clownfish be ok?). provide a anemone or LPS like (Euphyllia,Plerogyra, for example to give in some place to rest)

Keep in a small aquaium acclimate carefully sensitive to changes in Salinity and PH and Low oxygen levels.

My setup: 24x12x12 16 us gal. probabley 2x55w PC or 48w T5's. 2x PH and thinking of keeping just easy softies and LPS like polyps,shrooms,xenia, Zoos.

sounds good. the shrimp mught iritate the polyps by walking over them, and picking food off from them, but other than that, they should be "OK" in yer tank.

The shrimps wont seriously effect my polyps i dont think just maybe make them close up thats all

p.s DO u have any PICS of your tank DAVE i have seen you post a lot but i was just wondering if you have a website or pics?

thx anyway :)

i'd recommend getting a gaggle of em! i have 3 in my alife 7 and they're really pretty fun especially when they're not trampling zoos. they do seem to have a taste for my colt coral polyps and they definitely carved up/decapitated a pocillipora frag but in both cases they may have just been scavenging on recently deceased tissue. kinda like bristleworms and serpent stars who get wrongfully blamed for many deaths, i question their involvement. other tank inhabitants include a serpent star, hermits, snails, porcelain crab, emerald crab, T. squamosa, ocellaris clown, zoos, mushrooms, xenia, think that's it.

tg

Archived