ReefCleaners.org

112 galllon photos, mostly closeups

andrewkw

awsome zoos and zenia !.........will you ever frag you pink zoos ?

Probably are you in Ontario Canada or Ontario California?

More aussie corals are coming in soon so I'll be blowing my paycheck on them :)

Your tank is absolutely Stunning. Its people like you that make me want to get into coral.

*EDIT*

Whats the name of this coral?

IMGP2275.jpg

thought its mentioned as RBTA?

red bubble tip anemone.

correct me if i am wrong.

thought its mentioned as RBTA?

red bubble tip anemone.

correct me if i am wrong.

it has been mentioned as an rbta several times (rose). It doesn't look anything like that first pic which was taken probably 1hr after putting it in the tank, see the later pics to see it now. It's not bubbly but huge and has 2 clowns hosting in it.

• 1 month later...
hey, sweet tank...real awesome stuff! did you get anything at RR today?

OH yeah, some NICE acans. My aussie collection is starting to grow. My tank has changed a lot sicne my last pics.

I lost a few sps due to a calcium drop i didn't notice. I have a lot more LPS that I will photograph in a month or 2.

My camera got wet so it will be a while...

Sorry I couldn't talk to you longer keeper.. Today was a CRAZY day.

Soon I will be setting up a 15g acan only nano.

I want to get into coral and i wanted to ask someone who knows the ropes. Obviously most of you do because your corals are stunning and extremely large. Anyway I was wondering is it really expensive? What size tank is good to start with? And what types of basic fish are good for coral systems?

seahorsejl

Great looking tank!! And to add corals like you do ... *jealous* :happy:

Those naked clowns are awesome looking. I have seen them at LFS here, but very infrequently. I think a pair of them would be the perfect last fish to add to my nano ....

• 12 years later...

bump - LOL

Seriously I am so happy this thread is still around, my former local forum is long gone. I didn't post as much on reef central back then but nano-reef's archives are still intact.

Before I type too much the reason I am bumping a 13 year old thread that hasn't been touched in 12 years is tomorrow my naked clown turns 13! Yes I am down to one these days and 99% of the corals posted above are also gone. I do still have one red mushroom from those days. Believe it or not I still have this 112 gallon reef and the live rock.

in the 12/13 years since I've updated this thread many things have happened. I had a very successful pico tank which if anyone remembers me on this forum, they will probably remember. I've had a 180 gallon tank that broke in a long distance move but thankfully I kept this 112 gallon tank and it's now been up and running 3 years in this location. Still reefing, still loving it. I even have a nano reef which I will update in the next few days. I have a build thread that  has been updated in the last year here so it won't be from that far back. I do still read the monthly featured reefs here but spend most of my time at reef2reef these days.. Glad nano-reef.com is still doing well. This was the first forum I got seriously involved in.

I guess I should also include an updated FTS

IMG_9891.thumb.JPG.95f876f5db904da3c2ad9cfb7651f1fd.JPGclown2006.jpg.c84beccabc15ec87091afa42b2e21216.jpg

IMG_9768.thumb.JPG.8af175ae2762098ab5296bddaa964e8c.JPG

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

I wasn't active on this site when you last posted but great tank and congratulations on your 13 year old clown.  Given how long these critters are lasting in captivity it is likely only just reaching middle age!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...