Top Shelf Aquatics

[Custom] Calvin415

calvin415

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mybuickskill6979

you cal thats with 3/8 acrylic no? you got some tight tanks in your photbucket man. for sure. i like the one that is long and in like a conference room of something inside of a metallic wall. you install that one? many props man. and the one right about the counter thats kind of mircowave shaped. off the heezy!!

havent been on in a while, but man, this was the first thread i came back to and im throughly impressed! You have done a great job stocking it, and I love seeing the tank with light on it! This is probably one of my top two tanks ever seen....... and its still so young! Keep it calvin!

you cal thats with 3/8 acrylic no? you got some tight tanks in your photbucket man. for sure. i like the one that is long and in like a conference room of something inside of a metallic wall. you install that one? many props man. and the one right about the counter thats kind of mircowave shaped. off the heezy!!

Thanks bud and yes it's 3/8". As for my photobucket actually the one in wall is a tank I saw that inspired most of my current designs and my future ideas... The one in the kitchen above the sink was one I did for a friend of mine. It's working out great for him!

havent been on in a while, but man, this was the first thread i came back to and im throughly impressed! You have done a great job stocking it, and I love seeing the tank with light on it! This is probably one of my top two tanks ever seen....... and its still so young! Keep it calvin!

Thanks bro, I've got even more corals on their way to me, but I'm not sure where I'm going to put them, I really running out of room fast! LOL! Top two tanks ever huh? WOW, I guess I can't ask for a better compliment than that! Thank you very much!

I'll post more pics as things grow out and as more corals come in. :)

mybuickskill6979
Thanks bud and yes it's 3/8". As for my photobucket actually the one in wall is a tank I saw that inspired most of my current designs and my future ideas... The one in the kitchen above the sink was one I did for a friend of mine. It's working out great for him!

i can see why...!! it definitely looks good. i like the elongated tanks. there a thing of beauty man i'll tell ya!! :D

Thanks, I won't spill the beans on my next project since it will take me some time (basement is still under construction) but it will be even more killer! ;)

"Shoot me a PM if you seriously want a clone..."

Thanks for the offer, but I can barely fit a 14 gallon BC- which I am yet to get. I have way too many tanks! I'll keep watching though!

Thanks!

i just saw how ur overflow system works and i must say i'm very impressed!

would've prefered water returning over the top not the bottom though

Everyone has their tank return at the top, quite ugly if you ask me. If you run a sump, you don't have a choice it has to be at the top else you run the risk of flooding. However if you don't run a sump you have the liberty of having the returns any place you like. If I did have the returns at the top there would be minimal flow in the lower half of the tank plus you would see the returns. This way everything is hidden and I get the flow I need.

Yah, I love it!

Thanks, me too! ;)

This is one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen for a nano! Great job!!!!

Thanks!

I'll be headed out tonight to get some more frags, we'll see what I return with. :) More pics to come!!!

Well I'll post them here too, since other forums have requested them...

Okay, here's a FTS, please mind the power cords...

DSCN2814.jpg

And here's the ballasts and lights, yes I know they are cheap and that's the point, they didn't cost me a thing and it works great!

DSCN2818.jpg

DSCN2819.jpg

w/ flash, reflectors work great!

DSCN2820.jpg

I scored 12 more frags and 1 small bangaii cardinal yesterday and today, I'll try to get some pics posted tonight. :D

wow! thats a nice lighting set up you fashioned! anything special you did to make the hood? im liking the t5's, makes me want to experiment with something like that in the near future

I just took 1/2" acrylic pieces for the ends and then welded some 1/2"x2" supports that span the two end pieces. You can see them in the shot with the hood up. I then just skinned the entire shell w/ 1/8" black acrylic. :)

The T-5's are hung with nuts and bolts which also secure the lamp clips... The ballasts are secured with double sided tape which won't let go (even if I try, been there done that).

Hope that answers your question. :D

Only down side is that there are no access holes, but for functionality and looks I'm pretty happy with it.

LOL! No need for a plunge router, a standard one works just fine and have the acrylic shop cut your materials for you. :)

Sorry no new pics yet, my battery died last night when taking pics so I'll try again tonight if I can find some time. Got a bunch of tanks, sumps, and overflow boxes I've got to get started on...

Deleted User 7

That must be a pretty strong shelf.... i'm nervous.

p.s. I LOVE THIS TANK!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see some more full tank shots with the lights on. :-)

:bowdown:

aWesome baby!!!!

Izzue

Thanks! :D

That must be a pretty strong shelf.... i'm nervous.

p.s. I LOVE THIS TANK!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see some more full tank shots with the lights on. :-)

I'm not nervous at all. In fact, when I work on the tank, I'll even rest against it... :D The tank weights under 180lbs and each bracket will hold 500. Plus they are bolted into an exterior load bearing (2x6 contruction) wall. I picked up another 13 bags of goodies this last weekend, so I'll get some more pics as soon as I can. I've got 3 tanks and a sump I need to get to work on...

Archived