Cultivated Reef

[Custom] one8thscale

one8thscale

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Da## nice setup I think a lagoon look would be nice wrap the LR around the out side and have it set for top down.

And when the contest is over turn it into a zoa frag tank.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I always wanted to do a tank like this and now I have a reason to do so. I just put in my LR and did a quick aquascape. Also picked up my 175W 14K bulb, so I have to build a quick rack or something to hang my light. Will post pics later today.

pheallox: Right now the aquascape is kind of what you have suggested, and these tanks were originally going to be used as frags tanks.

Now I need to find some livestock.

Built a PVC frame to hold the pendant. Not pretty, but works. As promised pics of the tank.

Whole setup

NCtank8.jpg

FTS

NCtank9.jpg

Right side

NCtank10.jpg

Left side

NCtank11.jpg

Top down

NCtank12.jpg

Fish is last on my list for stocking. Still debating if I should keep fish at all.

Yep 175, it was something I already had. Wanted a 70W but didn't want to spend the money on a new fixture. So far it hasen't heated the water, it's stable at 78. I'll see how the corals do when they get under it. Plus I can raise it if I need to. Had a extra PC fixture but it just didn't look as good.

wow, i really really really like the look of this tank so far! with the rock in, the sweet airbrushed background, and some sick lighting, i think that im in love!

Great work so far! Personally, I think I would try to add a small goby, just to give a little kick to the tank :D

Your tank looks great! It's one of two favourites I have in the custom category, I love the airbrush-work and the shape of your tank! Dreaming of building one myself, with 10x volume at some point..

Thanks everyone. :D

espenlg: I also want to do a tank like this on a larger scale someday.

Updates: Got some frags in, mostly zoos. Still looking out for some nicer frags.

FTS

FTS_110706.jpg

Right Side

RT_110706.jpg

Left Side

LF_110706.jpg

ReefApprentice

Some of the frags I have would be amazing in that tank!

lol

We are close so trading is an option.

Awesome tank

alex

Here's some updated pics.

Close ups if some of the stuff I have in there.

Zoos

zoo1.jpg

zoo2.jpg

zoo3.jpg

zoo4.jpg

zoo5.jpg

zooShroom.jpg

LPS

frog.jpg

acanORG.jpg

echino.jpg

cont. next post...

cont.

Sections

Right side

lft111706.jpg

rl.jpg

rr.jpg

Left side

rtside111706.jpg

lr.jpg

...and finally the FTS as of today 11-17-06

FTS111706.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm a little screwed right now, cuz my camera (CPS SD 630) got jacked at the LA car show. But haven't really added anything new besides a few more zoos (1 of them yours EZ) Showing some growth. Have to buy a new camera.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, here we go. Got a new camera (just picked up the same one since the wife got me a underwater case for it for xmas). Anyway, picked up a few new things.

New additions:

1) The newest is the dendro.

2) Added the toadstool (Floorlord) from the Socal meet. It was open and then closed up for about a week. Finally showing signs of polyps coming back out.

3) Rics I already had and added them to the tank.

4) Added a Orange digi frag. so far it's doing well and showing signs of growth at the tips.

5) Put in a anthelia frag from ReefApprentice back when we had the Socal meet.

6) I finally got a fish, a Yellow Clown Goby.

Losses:

My orange acan took out some zoos that I don't have backups for. I was going to move them but was too late. Also took out a purple shroom and 2 red shrooms w/purple or blue spots. So now the acan is in the far corner. I just hope it doesn't eat my clown goby. Also lost my orange zoos, they just decided to close up and melt away.

Growth and changes:

Most of the zoos are growing new polyps now.

Some of the shrooms are walking and making new babies along the way.

Frogspawn has double in size and is getting really big.

Echino is growing well, starting to grow out onto the sand now.

Pretty much everything has settled in and is now growing.

My red zoos lost their color, but the new baby polyps are red. I hope the colors will come back.

Now the pics...

Clown Goby chillin on the acan

clownFishacan.jpg

Top down of the right

toprt123006.jpg

Top down middle right

toprt2_123006.jpg

Top down middle

middle123006.jpg

Top down right

toplft123006.jpg

Right middle

midrt123006.jpg

Close up

dendriczoo.jpg

FTS as of 12-30-06

FTS123006.jpg

My camera ran out of juice so I'll put up more later. Thanks for looking.

Archived