lgreen

Mini Carpet Anemones

Deano

I resently purchased this mini from kegs

minicarpet.jpg

I am not disapointed but they seem to be over rated. This one is very small. How big can I expect it to get?

I know the reason they have such a cault following is the fact they are sooo hard to get, but if I could find more and get a group of them going I would be more excited about them.

Truth is I puchased this Rock Flower nem from Ken and find may self admiring it over my mini.

DSCF0006.JPG

Edited by Deano

TJ_Burton

I need an ID on these little carpet nems if anyone has one. I picked them up today, beautiful little guys! Very small, maybe 1/4" to 3/4" (I have 5 of them). Great deal, got 5 for $5.00! :)

MiniNemspluged.jpg

MiniNemsFootglass.jpg

MiniNemsSize.jpg

JPF

So where DO you buy these things?

reefone

:ninja:

dshnarw

:haha:

dtfleming

from dshnarw, got a flower anenome coming today.

Rubicon06

I have the standard pink/green, I really want a new, different one :(

adinsxq
I have the standard pink/green, I really want a new, different one :(

photos or it didn't happen

Lepomis

I came across one several months ago and picked it up, should have picked up a couple more. I keep hoping to stumble across some more color variations at some point thinking a dozen or more are needed to make a nice spread.

minicarpet.jpg

waldend

Here are mine. I would be interested in color variations if anyone wants to trade. I also want a maxi as well.

post-10827-1207177641_thumb.jpg

shiveley

man, those things seem to pop up every year around this time. anyone have them long term?

TJ_Burton
I need an ID on these little carpet nems if anyone has one. I picked them up today, beautiful little guys! Very small, maybe 1/4" to 3/4" (I have 5 of them). Great deal, got 5 for $5.00! :)

MiniNemspluged.jpg

MiniNemsFootglass.jpg

MiniNemsSize.jpg

Hey guys,

Has anyone figured out an ID on these little guys? They are still incredibly tiny, largest being 1/2" but they have spread quite a bit. They can be found all over the tank now. They don't seem to bother any corals, and I have actually seen them amongst my zoas. The zoas don't retract, or close partially. They don't seem to mind the nems at all.

Any info would be awesome!

dshnarw
Hey guys,

Has anyone figured out an ID on these little guys? They are still incredibly tiny, largest being 1/2" but they have spread quite a bit. They can be found all over the tank now. They don't seem to bother any corals, and I have actually seen them amongst my zoas. The zoas don't retract, or close partially. They don't seem to mind the nems at all.

Any info would be awesome!

they're mini mini carpets, of the Gary M. "watermelon" variety. Most mini carpet info you'll find is talking about that variety.

TJ_Burton
they're mini mini carpets, of the Gary M. "watermelon" variety. Most mini carpet info you'll find is talking about that variety.

You have any links to some info? :)

dshnarw
You have any links to some info? :)

Thats a loaded question...

The first few pages of my biotope has links to most of the threads/info that I'm aware of. Link in my sig :)

adinsxq

send now.

adinsxq

ok so after much hesitation i purchased a mob of emerald crabs (red ones too). they appear to be safe. I witnessed one crab sample a tentacle, but it just walked away after that.

so verdict on mithrax? safe for now...

2hfp6vs.jpg

now i need something for my aiptasia problem :(:(:(

Nick's Reef

I want some minis! :( I have never seen them in person.Adin you have some beautiful ones, I espcially love the red one. As for your aiptasia problem peppermint shrimp work wonders, I had one but he stole food out of my duncan. Where did everyone get yours?

dtfleming

yea, peppermint shrimp

arwndsh
ok so after much hesitation i purchased a mob of emerald crabs (red ones too). they appear to be safe. I witnessed one crab sample a tentacle, but it just walked away after that.

so verdict on mithrax? safe for now...

2hfp6vs.jpg

now i need something for my aiptasia problem :(:(:(

Where might I get some of these? :flower:

chuckfullservice

I have about 4 -6 different varieties! I don't call them carpet anemones though, I call them mushrooms! :lol:

Needreefunds
Where might I get some of these? :flower:

.......and then I'll take the first BeeBees from those, K? Thnx. :flower:

:lol:

adinsxq
I have about 4 -6 different varieties! I don't call them carpet anemones though, I call them mushrooms! :lol:

photos plz.

erich_9175
photos plz.

Hi Adin,

Hello. i have sent you a PM regarding an anemone ID. I dunno whats those stuff are? It was given to me by a freind and he calls them mushrooms.

Thanks,

adinsxq

still searching.