Coral Vue Hydros

Mini Carpet Anemones

lgreen

I resently purchased this mini from kegs

minicarpet.jpg

I am not disapointed but they seem to be over rated. This one is very small. How big can I expect it to get?

I know the reason they have such a cault following is the fact they are sooo hard to get, but if I could find more and get a group of them going I would be more excited about them.

Truth is I puchased this Rock Flower nem from Ken and find may self admiring it over my mini.

DSCF0006.JPG

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need an ID on these little carpet nems if anyone has one. I picked them up today, beautiful little guys! Very small, maybe 1/4" to 3/4" (I have 5 of them). Great deal, got 5 for $5.00! :)

MiniNemspluged.jpg

MiniNemsFootglass.jpg

MiniNemsSize.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I came across one several months ago and picked it up, should have picked up a couple more. I keep hoping to stumble across some more color variations at some point thinking a dozen or more are needed to make a nice spread.

minicarpet.jpg

Here are mine. I would be interested in color variations if anyone wants to trade. I also want a maxi as well.

post-10827-1207177641_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
TJ_Burton
I need an ID on these little carpet nems if anyone has one. I picked them up today, beautiful little guys! Very small, maybe 1/4" to 3/4" (I have 5 of them). Great deal, got 5 for $5.00! :)

MiniNemspluged.jpg

MiniNemsFootglass.jpg

MiniNemsSize.jpg

Hey guys,

Has anyone figured out an ID on these little guys? They are still incredibly tiny, largest being 1/2" but they have spread quite a bit. They can be found all over the tank now. They don't seem to bother any corals, and I have actually seen them amongst my zoas. The zoas don't retract, or close partially. They don't seem to mind the nems at all.

Any info would be awesome!

Hey guys,

Has anyone figured out an ID on these little guys? They are still incredibly tiny, largest being 1/2" but they have spread quite a bit. They can be found all over the tank now. They don't seem to bother any corals, and I have actually seen them amongst my zoas. The zoas don't retract, or close partially. They don't seem to mind the nems at all.

Any info would be awesome!

they're mini mini carpets, of the Gary M. "watermelon" variety. Most mini carpet info you'll find is talking about that variety.

TJ_Burton
they're mini mini carpets, of the Gary M. "watermelon" variety. Most mini carpet info you'll find is talking about that variety.

You have any links to some info? :)

You have any links to some info? :)

Thats a loaded question...

The first few pages of my biotope has links to most of the threads/info that I'm aware of. Link in my sig :)

• 6 months later...

ok so after much hesitation i purchased a mob of emerald crabs (red ones too). they appear to be safe. I witnessed one crab sample a tentacle, but it just walked away after that.

so verdict on mithrax? safe for now...

2hfp6vs.jpg

now i need something for my aiptasia problem :(:(:(

I want some minis! :( I have never seen them in person.Adin you have some beautiful ones, I espcially love the red one. As for your aiptasia problem peppermint shrimp work wonders, I had one but he stole food out of my duncan. Where did everyone get yours?

ok so after much hesitation i purchased a mob of emerald crabs (red ones too). they appear to be safe. I witnessed one crab sample a tentacle, but it just walked away after that.

so verdict on mithrax? safe for now...

2hfp6vs.jpg

now i need something for my aiptasia problem :(:(:(

Where might I get some of these? :flower:

photos plz.

Hi Adin,

Hello. i have sent you a PM regarding an anemone ID. I dunno whats those stuff are? It was given to me by a freind and he calls them mushrooms.

Thanks,

Archived