ReefCleaners.org

Mini Carpet Anemones

lgreen

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oooh that was the wrong correct thing to say. Wait till other people see that. They will not only tell you how to get them off, but will ask for them from you like there is no tomorrow. So......to beat the rush.. may I have some when you get them off please? :):flower: Oh and :welcome: to Nano-reef by the way. :)

I think I read some where if you irritate them by pointing a powerhead at them they will start to move and they will be easier to get off, but you have to be ready for them to move. :)

Thanks for the welcome and the advise. A local reefer saw my post and was willing to trade the LR for Zoa's but I opted just to have her replace a couple pieces with clean LR. I will give your method a try with the other rocks and if it works I will be willing to send you some if you pay the shipping because you were the first to respond. I bought these from someone who bought a couple from Gary M. back in '03 and ended up with a few hundred. He broke his tank down and every piece of LR in his 150 had S. Tapetum. I bought 4 pieces of LR, about 15#, from him that were covered with them and Paly's. He threw in a baggie with another 20-30 that he took off the glass. I didn't realize they multiply so fast. As it is now I am just removing the ones migrating on the sand or glass and throwing them in my other tanks. I would switch rocks but these came with aiptasia also and I don't need them in my displays but work great in my QT.

I saw a new mini carpet at atlantis today. pastel purple with semi translucent white tips. Same species as the AA red

saw... not purchased?

they didn't wanna sell it to me or I would have bought it. They wanted a trade. A clone of the AA red. Or perhaps you could entice them with a couple of your morphs. It wasn't as colorful as the AA red so I didn't push the subject. I gotta go back there tomorrow though so I have another chance to talk to them then.

The novelty was strictly in its species. It basically looked like a lighter version of a large gigantea. The polyps tentacles were more oblong than round but very uniform.

this thread needs more photos.

I agree! I will try to get some pics after the tank settles down from moving the rocks. I think these were the same as were for sale by mycatsdrool last month. There are some pics in that thread. If you want to chime in Andrea, I got these from Eric back in Sept/Oct. Those were some nice pics you took.

I know. Share?

Ok I'll share, I can be a nice person despite what Daniel says ;)

this thread needs more photos.

I agree :)

Thanks for the welcome and the advise. A local reefer saw my post and was willing to trade the LR for Zoa's but I opted just to have her replace a couple pieces with clean LR. I will give your method a try with the other rocks and if it works I will be willing to send you some if you pay the shipping because you were the first to respond. I bought these from someone who bought a couple from Gary M. back in '03 and ended up with a few hundred. He broke his tank down and every piece of LR in his 150 had S. Tapetum. I bought 4 pieces of LR, about 15#, from him that were covered with them and Paly's. He threw in a baggie with another 20-30 that he took off the glass. I didn't realize they multiply so fast. As it is now I am just removing the ones migrating on the sand or glass and throwing them in my other tanks. I would switch rocks but these came with aiptasia also and I don't need them in my displays but work great in my QT.

Hmmm....what colors are they? Sounds like my fiance might have gotten some of the same ones a few months ago, but I would still want some. My fiance won't share ;). Please post some pics of them when you get a chance. And here is another link to follow to get some great info on how to share them with friends. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121624

I agree! I will try to get some pics after the tank settles down from moving the rocks. I think these were the same as were for sale by mycatsdrool last month. There are some pics in that thread. If you want to chime in Andrea, I got these from Eric back in Sept/Oct. Those were some nice pics you took.

Green/pink? My standard comparison shot:

mini.jpg

Ok I'll share, I can be a nice person despite what Daniel says ;)

I agree :)

Hmmm....what colors are they? Sounds like my fiance might have gotten some of the same ones a few months ago, but I would still want some. My fiance won't share ;). Please post some pics of them when you get a chance. And here is another link to follow to get some great info on how to share them with friends. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=121624

Talk like that and you wonder why you don't have any :P

I went looking for my camera and found out my daughter took it with her on a ski trip but will be back this weekend. Here is the sale thread that MyCatsDrool had sale thread. I hope this OK but I am posting a pic of Andrea's photo of her recovering bleached mini's and making sure she gets the credit for the photo. Click on it for full size.

post-33165-1198724677_thumb.jpg

It is lighter than mine but then again these are recovering as some of mine had to do. Mine look more like these that she sent to Mofo84. This pic he took just a few hours after recieving them from MyCatsDrool.

post-33165-1198724719_thumb.jpg

They are about the size of a quarter to half dollar.

dshnarw, Those look very nice. I guess they change colors in different environments as do most anemones.

Mods, I am new to this forum and don't know if posting other members pics are allowed. If not then please delete this post.

I went looking for my camera and found out my daughter took it with her on a ski trip but will be back this weekend. Here is the sale thread that MyCatsDrool had sale thread. I hope this OK but I am posting a pic of Andrea's photo of her recovering bleached mini's and making sure she gets the credit for the photo. Click on it for full size.

post-33165-1198724677_thumb.jpg

It is lighter than mine but then again these are recovering as some of mine had to do. Mine look more like these that she sent to Mofo84. This pic he took just a few hours after recieving them from MyCatsDrool.

post-33165-1198724719_thumb.jpg

They are about the size of a quarter to half dollar.

dshnarw, Those look very nice. I guess they change colors in different environments as do most anemones.

Mods, I am new to this forum and don't know if posting other members pics are allowed. If not then please delete this post.

Yep - same variety - the "Gary M. Special" ;) Mine have more/less pink in the center depending on which they split from, where they're at in the tank, and the tentacle color varies quite a bit from green/brown/white/black.

You'll find that the mods on here are unlike those elsewhere...common sense and a sense of humor are prevalent here ;)

Talk like that and you wonder why you don't have any :P

We will see if your talking so big when I'm not so far away :P and I will have plenty in oh say 5 months and 5 days :) when everything of yours becomes mine ;)

FishnWishn---they look fairly similar so if you want to let them go to someone else that doens't have any or a way to get some that would be fine with me since techinically I can get some anytime I want. You will make a great addition to this board with all the niceness you are already showing. :)

OMG BAN U NOW!!!
:) when everything of yours becomes mine ;)
HMMM... GOOD MOVE AMBER. GOOD MOVE. Let the COUNT DOWN BEGIN!

if things don't work out... i know a guy who has both a gibberish username and a tank full of 'nems :wub:

OMG BAN U NOW!!!HMMM... GOOD MOVE AMBER. GOOD MOVE. Let the COUNT DOWN BEGIN!

if things don't work out... i know a guy who has both a gibberish username and a tank full of 'nems :wub:

Are you flirting with me Adin? ;):blush:

Looking at them now, they may be slightly different. The one on the right is pretty big at least 4" across. Sorry for the bad pic, I can't find the tri-pod and I shake too much to get a decent shot. I'll try again tomorrow.

IMG_1317.jpg

Here's one that I got....

IMG_4839.jpg

The other one is hard to take a picture of since it's on the opposite side of this one but it's fluorescent yellow!

(maybe?)

:naughtydance:

HahaHa!! Thats so sweet. :) If I hadn't of already put 4 1/2 years into Daniel I might have taken you up on that 'cause a little birdy told me you have even more little stingy animals than Daniel. ;)

HahaHa!! Thats so sweet. :) If I hadn't of already put 4 1/2 years into Daniel I might have taken you up on that 'cause a little birdy told me you have even more little stingy animals than Daniel. ;)

:huh:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what species this is?

MiniCarpet.jpg

It's tiny, about 1" across at most. It has a sibling about 3/4 the size up on the rockwork somehwhere. This one is on the substrate and is attached underneath to a frag plug (it burrows).

S. tapetum confirmed (it's deflated)

the mini carpet. welcome to the OTHER cool kids club

SWEET B)

I new I was a cool kid, but you confirming it just makes it smell even sweeter! lol.

Archived