Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mini Carpet Anemones

lgreen

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if the "maxi-mini" carpets that Miquel is selling on Fraggle Reef are the same tapetum species as what Adin has? Just curious because I think the Fraggle Reef ones are a little bigger.

I bought one and it's about four inches across and a little flatter, where the other ones I've seen seem a lot smaller and more "bubbly" like a riccordia.

Does anyone know if the "maxi-mini" carpets that Miquel is selling on Fraggle Reef are the same tapetum species as what Adin has? Just curious because I think the Fraggle Reef ones are a little bigger.

I bought one and it's about four inches across and a little flatter, where the other ones I've seen seem a lot smaller and more "bubbly" like a riccordia.

Im not sure either...but Miguels are larger and more like an anemone than ric.

I bought one from FRaggle reef couple of months ago...center is purple then to outer it has a green ring then lavender ring then green again...pretty awesome if you ask me. BTW mine is splitting a baby and is also about 4 to 5 inchs wide.

Izzue

my lfs has one thats a white and pink variation

i was also wondering if anyone has seen or heard of vietnamese ricordia?

they look like a tiny S. haddoni but theyre not reactive to light

let me know

mike

Im not sure either...but Miguels are larger and more like an anemone than ric.

I bought one from FRaggle reef couple of months ago...center is purple then to outer it has a green ring then lavender ring then green again...pretty awesome if you ask me. BTW mine is splitting a baby and is also about 4 to 5 inchs wide.

Izzue

Yeah, the one I bought from Miguel is awesome too - bands of green with little purple spots on its outer ring. The pattern reminds me of a snowflake.

(Sorry for the highjack lgreen.)

i just superglue my new mini to a rock, like half an hour later, it decieded it wanted to be some where else. I have been trying to place it some where it likes, but each time I place it some where i come back and its been blow in to the back. I have reduced the flow so it could stick, but today I found it happy in the back chambers in the drip tray?? So my question are what level do they prefer high-low?? light strength?? If I could stick it to a better rock i.e. the main one it could find its own home but I would have to wait till my next water change to help coax it on i.e. glue it.

i just superglue my new mini to a rock, like half an hour later, it decieded it wanted to be some where else. I have been trying to place it some where it likes, but each time I place it some where i come back and its been blow in to the back. I have reduced the flow so it could stick, but today I found it happy in the back chambers in the drip tray?? So my question are what level do they prefer high-low?? light strength?? If I could stick it to a better rock i.e. the main one it could find its own home but I would have to wait till my next water change to help coax it on i.e. glue it.

SaltyVT, they're anemones, so they'll keep moving til they find a place they like. Mines like a mid level position with low flow.

Fishywife, can you post a pic of your mini? I have another one that is less bumpy and has a very pink center. Same streaked green body though and about 2". Here is a pic of mine.

Mini_Carpet1.JPG

um

don't glue anemones.

"mini" on the left, new "maxi" on the right (not from fraggle... $$)

khiem_265.jpg

colors are very similar as you can tell. the maxi is not nearly as sticky as the mini. minis stick to you like plastic wrap

Fishywife, can you post a pic of your mini? I have another one that is less bumpy and has a very pink center. Same streaked green body though and about 2". Here is a pic of mine.

Mini_Carpet1.JPG

Nice psidriven! I'll try to get a pic if I'm ever home long enough when the lights are on (I'm working too much lately).

Mine is more uniform in texture than yours. No bumps. It may be because he's positioned squarely below a 150 MH fixture about halfway up in a shallow tank. I suppose he's happy there - he hasn't moved an inch since he got situated the second day (after he decided to let go of the plastic he was shipped in).

Adin - Where did you get the new maxi? Very nice color. I'd definitely get more if I could find some that weren't so expensive.

opps sry Adin... I had a budweiser moment and posted a new thread.

anyone interested I posted a pic of my Mini Maxi splitting a baby under inverts.

weLl crap Ill just resize...

post-14574-1163032372_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Whoa, that one on the right is HOT!

Mine isn't half that nice and crawled into the shade 24 hours after I got it and has remained there for the last 2 months or so. Hasn't moved an inch or split. I figure that they'd be faster spreading than this, but so far, no signs of splitting. I feed it pretty regularly (about 10 mysis twice a week).

Heya Adin.

Is the nice one on the right (purple) the one you sliced???

I never sliced mine...nor has it ever split its baby...but its still their.

The only reason I havent messed with it...

My Porcelain Crab (anemone crab) finally found it , and is their to stay B)

Izzue

the two in the photo above are new.

here's an OLD photo of my first mini (left) and maxi (right). the maxi has been sliced twice since...

khiem_265.jpg

while i'm at it, here's a shot of a mini just after it was cut:

DSCN7655.JPG

Archived