Top Shelf Aquatics

Mini Carpet Anemones

lgreen

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I originally started with 2 mini's....these things split and I have no idea where they go sometimes. Yesterday i was moving some stuff around and found another one! I now have 6 mini's and maybe 2 maxi's. They are great and seem to live in harmony with the other corals. Mine are right next to a large orange zoa colony!

I originally started with 2 mini's....these things split and I have no idea where they go sometimes. Yesterday i was moving some stuff around and found another one! I now have 6 mini's and maybe 2 maxi's. They are great and seem to live in harmony with the other corals. Mine are right next to a large orange zoa colony!

Yeah, mine never seem to bother anything either, such as the paly colony it hitchhiked on.

So mine is a mini, yes? Adin, I can scrape it, but I dunno where to put it after that... Many months ago, I recall dismembering and killing one... :o:( I don't quite remember why. 2 of 3 are easy to get to, the 3rd is behind and next to one of my clams, so not so easy to get to... =/

They are great and seem to live in harmony with the other corals. Mine are right next to a large orange zoa colony!

Just when I thought they couldn't get any better...!

What a great quality in a nem.

Or anything else, for that matter.

--Diane

• 1 month later...

If I can scrapes, I'll bring you 2 of my 3 to MNS-5. :) The 3rd is still hding behind one of my clams, lol! The most accessable one just finished "walking" across a small zoa colony I have, lol! So it's on the rocks now again.

After seeing this thread you guys made me really want one of these little guys, they are so cool! After pestering a few local reefers I managed to pickup a couple of these guys last night. omgomgomg

fullminicarpetxt8.jpg

i found the source of the blue one (through other means). i was late by 3 months BLEH

nice mini mitch!

Too bad, those blue are nice! Has anyone shipped one of these guys, is it possible to ship them using a thermos and express usps? I will be looking to get some more and possibly trade, but I am skeptical of shipping... I always get all of my livestock locally.

After seeing this thread you guys made me really want one of these little guys, they are so cool! After pestering a few local reefers I managed to pickup a couple of these guys last night. omgomgomg

fullminicarpetxt8.jpg

My right eyeball just asploded.

Gimme.

Sucks about the blue ones - there'd be a line a mile long for those babies.

Too bad, those blue are nice! Has anyone shipped one of these guys, is it possible to ship them using a thermos and express usps? I will be looking to get some more and possibly trade, but I am skeptical of shipping... I always get all of my livestock locally.

I got all of mine in one shipment with a pro box and express. They did really well - attached to rocks/glass in a matter of minutes. The only thing I'd recommend is trying to get them off the rock before putting them in, as most let go of it during shipping, and I probably wouldn't risk anything that wasn't overnight on them.

Sucks about the blue ones - there'd be a line a mile long for those babies.

I got all of mine in one shipment with a pro box and express. They did really well - attached to rocks/glass in a matter of minutes. The only thing I'd recommend is trying to get them off the rock before putting them in, as most let go of it during shipping, and I probably wouldn't risk anything that wasn't overnight on them.

Thats what I figured, just wish shipping wasn't so darn expensive... Overnight shipping costs more than what I can get 2 minis for locally, and I would be ticked off if they didn't make the trip.

Thats what I figured, just wish shipping wasn't so darn expensive... Overnight shipping costs more than what I can get 2 minis for locally, and I would be ticked off if they didn't make the trip.

Yeah, I understand that. For me, local wasn't an option at the time, and I got a BUNCH, so shipping wasn't bad - about $1/mini for overnight.

Archived