Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nanocube Chat Night - MONDAY AT 8:00 PM EST

adinsxq

Got questions about your new nanocube?

Working on a modification and need a little help?

Join us for a night of dedicated nanocube talk, beginning next week. Please select the most convenient time in the poll above. (the chat schedule will be posted Sunday night for the following week)

http://nano-reef.com/chat/

oh and feel free to post things in this thread like

"wow that's such a cool idea adin, i've been working on ______ and wanted to ask ccjung if ____"

or a plain

"i'll be there"

or if your name's tinyreef

"the chat sucks... they're a bunch of cornheads"

:happy:

the nanocube chat will be tomorrow, Monday at 8:00 - 10:00 PM Eastern time. See you there!

"noob?"

I have given the crown of DIY king to you artamon. I am now a "corporate pirate", who makes money off his fellow reefers. Rock on!!! Just kidding (at least about the pirate part)!!

I think you need to login to the chat on monday 5PM PST.

Chris

artarmon42
Originally posted by ccjung

"noob?"  

Yup, the really stupid newbie :P

I am now a "corporate pirate", who makes money off his fellow reefers. Rock on!!! Just kidding (at least about the pirate part)!!

:pirate:

Heh, been trying to figure out a way to incorporate that smilie into a message! Thanks!

Seriously though, without nanocustoms (and now nanotuners) the Nano Cube wouldn't be where it is today. You're paving a whole new road for nano reefers to go down (not the only road of course, but one more option never hurt anyone).

I think you need to login to the chat on monday 5PM PST.

Heh, yeah I'm going to have to do it from work.

Shhhh, don't tell my boss :ninja:

Thanks Art. i have to admit that my egos a bit bruised by your MASSIVE post views (tigahboy like at 14K).. But what can you say. You have a great DIY solution and I got one that costs some money.. I think in the long run we help push the bar further and the newer owners can decide if they want to go DIY or Nanocustoms (or whomever else enters the segment).

One thing i like (I do like lots of things) about your MH retro, is that now customers arent forced to choose from only one MH alternative. I "overengineer" some of my systems and will be incorporating safety features, so I feel that this coupled with profit motive make things the way they are..

Let me know when you want me to send you your free chiller (if you decide that salinity/evap issues get too severe).

I ran that evap cooler on my first DX and loved it to death. I got temps as low as 73-74 at times, but feared the consequences and increased salinity.

Keep on modding and leading a new generation to believe in themselves and their abilities. Keep doing it, and ill have to close up nanocustoms... Lol.. J/K.

Chris

artarmon42

Thanks Art. i have to admit that my egos a bit bruised by your MASSIVE post views (tigahboy like at 14K).. But what can you say. You have a great DIY solution and I got one that costs some money.. I think in the long run we help push the bar further and the newer owners can decide if they want to go DIY or Nanocustoms (or whomever else enters the segment).

It's not a competition ;)

I wanted to have SPS in a prestine looking Nano Cube.

If my experiment and findings help others, that's great.

Heaven knows, I had enough people helping me out: Chronicles (master of cooling), SeanCallan (chase timer) and many others who in their own way helped me think the problem through.

The MH mod is not mine. It is the community's :*( :D

you know what? duh... i'm going to be in class at 5PM. maybe we should move this an hour to 6 (9:00 PM EST)

Yeah, i agree. its never been a competition, It was just a quick jab at your popularity. I have to admit that i probably contribute 10% of those views, lol. I keep looking to see whats next from teh modmiester.

Your humility and willingness to help others are very admirable. One thing i do wish you do, is post a disclaimer or something if you havent yet, about the mod and how you cant accept responsibility if things go bad.

Chris

artarmon42

I'll be there 5pm PST, and see if enough people show up.

If not, I'll dash home and get back on at 6pm PST.

i ended up missing most of the chat, but from what i hear it went pretty well. everyone have fun? we'll try to make this more of a regular thing, especially with the 6 gallon nanocube contest coming up. any comments or suggestions from those who stopped in the chat?

was cool to chat with a few of the guys that i read so much about. i have a lot of respect for them. during some of the dead times tho i went to reading RC and NR threads... but when i got back to the chat it was difficult to catch up because every time someone typed something new... it auto scrolled to the bottom .. is there anyway to leave it so that i can read some of the chat that had gone on while i was "Away"?

Danny

Will a transcript of the seesion be posted? I missed it too but would like to have access to any info from the chat. Tanks!

Got Cube?

Archived