Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's nc6

Tigahboy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up the nc6 on 3-16-05 from chris at nanocustoms.com

Added extra 1/2" bulkhead to left compartment w/ minijet606 - details here: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...9374#post469374

I am still using the stock pump for the right-side nozzle, but I plan to replace w/ another mj606 and have them alternate every 15 minutes.

In the middle chamber I have Poly Filter pads and Chemipure (activated carbon).

Heater is a Hagen Mini Compact 50w 6".

Moved LR, LS, water, and some filter media over from my 30g. Spent a few days working out aquascaping and checking water params.

nc61.jpg

nc62.jpg

nc63.jpg

tons of caves, tunnels, crevices, and coves. The central cave you see is part of an interconnected tunnel system w/ 7 points of entry.

nc64.jpg

nc65.jpg

The LR is primarily Vanuatu (my fav lr), and a couple small pieces of tonga branch. The Vanuatu was bought awhile back from Jeff's Exotic Fish. And LS is Fiji Pink arag.

LPS - Shroom theme

After a few days of letting the tank chill, I slowly began to add livestock.

The LPS included the usual suspects - candy canes and acan. Eventually want to add a small blasto merletti w/ blue centers.

But one of my favorite new addition is this dendrophyllia. I've had it for about a week now.

nc0326c.jpg

And for Shrooms/Rics - well, hard to miss the Pink/Red Yuma which looks even more enormous in my nc6. I got some new ric floridas as well, but haven't had a chance to move it over.

Pic taken 3 days ago.

wbal2.JPG

2 Sexy shrimp added...I wanted at least a group of 3, but 2 is all I could find. oh well. here's some macro shots.

nc66.jpg

nc68.jpg

shrimpyuma.jpg

This nc6 will be fishless. I do want to add 1 or 2 more sexy shrimp, but that will do it for the livestock.

BEAUTIFUL, Tigah. Perfect tank to showcase your Pink Yuma. I love the Sexy Shrimp and the Sun Corals.

Great job.

B)

Bob

tigahboy, great tank, im setting up a 6 gallon also. i have a cassette tape cover over my intake it does a great job skimming the surface scum(idea from another nanoreef member). are you planning to set up a fuge or anything? i took apart an aqua vase light(7wts), cut the reflector to fit the canopy.

amazing tank as usual

thanks embryoguy.

Not decided yet on whether I want to make anymore mods to the nc6. Fuge is likely a no, since all 3 compartments are full right now.

If anything, I might get the lighting upgrade from nanocustoms.com. The 2x18w upgrade (I think that's the mod at least). thanks for the input!

oh, and I'll take a look at the surface skimmer mod thread again. =)

Originally posted by jenniebutterfly

looks beautiful tigah, i hink that is the perfect place for your yuma :)

Thanks, Jenn! I kept the space in the center open when I did the aquascaping to make sure that the yuma would have a nice roomy area to claim as its throne. it really is the centerpiece of the tank.

Tigahboy, you have outdone yourself this time. That is the most gorgeous tank I have ever seen! It is sooo beautiful :*( . GREAT JOB!!!

-T

P.S. My eyes are literally watering because of that bright pink yuma!

first i "lost my mind" now I'm "gonzo." i don't know if these are good things per se. haha. thanks for the feedback, fellas.

Here's some random pics:

My echinophyllia

nc2d.jpg

Pink acan lord

nc2e.jpg

Tunnel vision

nc2c.jpg

Focus - Green acan lord

nc2b.jpg

Shrooms

nc0326b.jpg

does chris have the lighting upgrades for the 6gallon yet? i clicked on this site and even though i see upgrade for 6 gallon, it takes me to info. on the 24 gallon. does anyone know how much the upgrades are?

He has modded the 6g hood already, but it's not up for sale yet. No price tag as of yet. It should be out soon tho.

i love the sexy shrimp pics tigah. i have 5 in the 12gallon. i also have an anemnone shrimp. hes really interesting to watch and super easy to care for. i dont see many people talking about anemone shrimps for nanocubes, bec so far its a great addition to my tank.

Originally posted by embryoguy

i love the sexy shrimp pics tigah.   i have 5  in the 12gallon. i also have an anemnone shrimp. hes really interesting to watch and super easy to care for.  i dont see many people talking about anemone shrimps for nanocubes, bec so far its a great addition to my tank.

Can I add more sexy shrimp later w/o probs, or must they be introduced as a group to coexist?

i added 2 at first also, than found 3 more a month later. 3 are large and two 2 very small ones. they coexist perfectly fine. i even got the one to spawn eggs :) but of course was not able to culture them. at night they all hang on my finger sps. so its like one big family. they all get along very well. i love how they fly from one rock to another with seemingly no effort.

i would definetly get atleast 1 more sexy shrimp tigah. more interesting interactions. also ive heard they do better as a community. i hve had them for about 1 yr now. there so trained that i occassionaly feed them by hand when im not lazy. otherwise they jsut eat "stuff" from my tanks.

most def. I wanted 3 or 5 (I like odd numbers), but LFS only had 2. I'll definitely add 1 more if I can find one. thanks for 411.

you sure no fish?

not even like a clown goby or something

just so it could move through those caves and perch or something

already a nice tank

cudos like usual

Archived