Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My New Custom Cube Tank

speed_freak03

speed_freak03

This is my new cube tank I just bought. It is 16"x14"x14" (LWH), and is about 14 gallons. It is lit by 1 32watt PC and 2 13watt PC bulbs. It has a Aquaclear 200 and a minijet 404 for water movement. The substrate is the black&white aragalive. All the fish/coral/live rock is from my MB7 reef i had. Here is the list of livestock in it.

Fish:

1 Bangaii Cardinal

1 Yellow Clown Goby

Coral:

6 colors of zoanthids (My favorites are my blues!)

Green ricordia florida

Orange ricordia yuma

2 variteys of green star polyp

Baby blue maxima clam

Orange plate coral

Green tip hammer coral

Yellow polyps

Devils finger leather

Snails/Crabs:

Cone Shell Crab

2 Hermit Crabs

3 Bumble snails

2 Mexican turbo snails

4 Trochus snails

Also about 10lbs of liverock

Here is a whole tank picture

6608newcube1.jpg

Ill update once i get some more stuff in this tank!

hey you obvisly know what your doing because it looks grea tbut what is the deal with he maxima clam? i mean it obvisly isnt gonna get enought light in there but looks good

speed_freak03
Originally posted by phergus_25

hey you obvisly know what your doing because it looks grea tbut what is the deal with he maxima clam? i mean it obvisly isnt gonna get enought light in there but looks good

Yah I know :blush: . It wasn't the smartest idea to buy it. I bought it about 3 months ago, and there was plentiful natural sunlight shinning in on it, and was doing great(still is doing ok). Now the natural sunlight dosent last so long and isnt as bright (only about 6-7hrs good light if its not cloudy or snowing outside). I feed it DT's 2 times a week, and is showing new growth on it.

When maximas are less then about 3 inches, they dont need near as much light as they would as if they were larger, because they are lacking there zooanthelle they aquire as they get bigger to become photosynthetic, and untill they get the zooanthelle they need alot of phyto to sustain life (or so ive been told), and this is why it should be fine in my tank for now, but this isnt a permanent solution.

I do plan on upgrading the lighting to a 70watt HQI soon, so it should be a bit happier then. :)

yea well when he gets larger then you can bowl feed him, if i were you i would get a 150 MH becuase you will want it soon after but like i said keep it up loosk good

speed_freak03

yea well when he gets larger then you can bowl feed him, if i were you i would get a 150 MH becuase you will want it soon after but like i said keep it up loosk good

Someone local to me is selling a electric 70watt HQI ballast for $40, so if i can get that I will. If not i'll have to look through the catalogs at my work, and find the best deal on some 150 stuff.:)

speed_freak03

o ok well makes since, and with the 70 you will have less of a heat problem i'll have my 150 over my 20L on tuesday so i'll tell you how it goes

That would be great. Let me know how it goes!

Keep an eye on that candystripe hermit. I HAD one of those, up until he ripped apart half of a trumpet coral frag >=/. I have an utter hatred for orange hermits now. Btw, your tank looks sweet, i love the orange fungia.

speed_freak03

Ill keep an eye on the crab, normally they are reef-safe.

Also, thanks for the compliments!

For some reason that orange fungia isnt opening. It will eat and everything, but for the last 2 weeks it hasnt opened. I dont want to loose it.:|

New updated pic. I added some liverock and a green LTA.

6608newcube3.jpg

Archived