Coral Vue Hydros

Wow

iamdickie

OK i got the order. ordered 18 corals (12pack and 6 pack)

We got all of our corals in healthy living condition!

Here is what we got

2 softies: purple cabbage leather and bright green sinularia

4 LPS: 2 hammer corals

1 sun polyp

1 candy cane

4 mushrooms. gright green ricordia, bright pink and orange ric, red

and another that hasnt opened

8 zoas rocks. 20-30 polyps each.

there were tons of colors the best ones were the purple with pink frill, Bright pink, bright orange, and the pastel yellow/green

I dont think you can get a better deal on the net right now, i recommend them. the customer service is second to none. there is a promo right now.

Fragpacks.com!!

Here are the pictures of my shipment from Fragpacks.com. I am very happy with all of the coral. These pictures were taken about 8 hours after acclimation and you can see many are opening very well. Unfortunately I was 0 for 12 with the snails. Every one died.

Zoos

zoa5.jpg

zoa4.jpg

zoa3.jpg

zoa2.jpg

zoa1.jpg

some of those shrooms look like ricordia yuma to me. lucky

opps sorry, didn't see that you're lumping the rics with the mushrooms. i actually think that the yumas are more special :) they can actually take more light than run of the mill mushrooms. what are your lighting conditions? yumas shouldn't be directly under mh. also be very careful about sg. i've heard about bad things happening if sg gets to 1.027.

Thanks, I am a newb, is the large green one the ric yuma?Everything is under 2x36 pc lighting, sg 1.025,0,0,0 and I don't measure calc but should probably start. I don't dose anything. The tank has been running for about 9 months with weekly 1 gal water change. Any other ID's I should be aware of?

well, the ones with bumps, not tenticles are rics. the ones with bumps on the mouth are ric yumas. except for the candy canes, i don't see any calc users. you may get by on just water changes alone. also do you know how to take care of the sun polyps. spot feed? you really went nine months with just lr alone? that's patience!

Thanks for the additional info.

The only coral I had until yesterday was the big cluster of yellow(look green) polyps, they get a little brine shrimp once or twice a week, should I do this for the trumpet and any others?

unless, the brine shrimp are newly hatched, they are useless nutritionally. you had another question about the candy cane under the hob. i don't think that is a good place in the long term. they like to expand and if it does under the hob tissue can tear. i also think that trumpet (candycane) like meatier foods. time to do some homework and use the search button. same goes for the sun polyps (the orange guys).

Hello iamdickie and yeroc40,

We are glad you liked your order! However, the 0-12 snails thing is unacceptable in our eyes and we are going to issue you a credit for ths snails in addition to sending you 12 new snails in your next shipment.

EtOH is correct about the postioning of your Candy Cane Coral. The constant flow of the HOB could irriate the lil guy.

- FragPacks.com

Sorry I kinda Hijacked Iamdickie's thread but I couldn't agree with him more. All the corals were in top notch health.

Thanks for the advice, the candy cane will be moved when I get home, probably trade spots with the polyps on the opposite end of the tank.

Fragpacks, issuing credit for the snails is something that puts you above and beyond anything I ever expected. You will go very far with this level of customer service....

Archived