Pod Your Reef

Ordered too many corals (Sorry 56K) Help/Showing off

Darold

I just got my order in from Phishy Business. It was awesome, except I just realized I don't have enough space for all the corals I ordered. I need to go purchase some live rock and coral glue. I hope that doing so will help to spread things around a little. I created this post to both promote the nano packages that Phishy Business has created, and to get some advice about where to place each coral. I am currently attempting to ID all the new corals by picture, but if anyone can chime in off the top of there head where I should place certain pieces it would be greatly appreciated. In addition, if any coral needs specific care, or if it will sting other corals I would also be pleased to hear about it.

Thank you so much for your time with me in this and all previous posts. Without further delay, here are the pictures.

Here is a freebie they sent me:

freegift.jpg

Tank Shot:

c5508a31.jpg

Left side:

9b205eb1.jpg

9420aa39.jpg

View from left window:

125ce3d0.jpg

Center:

318eab89.jpg

Right side:

573b20dc.jpg

View from right window:

8e488128.jpg

Any advice would be helpful and appreciated. Thank you.

-Darold

Not sure what you want id'd. I see several zoanthids (nice pink ones btw), a feather duster and looks like a type of star polyp retracted. I am sure I have missed some and someone else will chime in.

i really like those zoanthids on the 5th pic on the left, good find!!!

i agree with Angel, looks like a ton of zoanthids, a feather duster, some green star polyps, and a finger leather (last pic)

Jason

Today I bought some aqua stick today. I used it to secure some of the corals. Looks like I will have to go out and get some Glue for the rest of them. I am not happy with the Aquastik. Although I believe I followed the instructions carefully, I could not seem to get it to work 1/2 of the time. When it did work, I had to use so much that I am afraid it will look bad in the tank. I am very disappointed that with all of these corals I am going to have visible spots where I had to get them to stock to other rocks. While at the pet store I also picked up a few pieces of LR that I need to cure before I can place it in my tank. Hopefully when it is cured I will have more places to attach all the corals. I will post updated pictures a little later.

I also got a powerhead because people are constantly telling me to get rid of my airstones. Oh, and a timer for my lights :)

FWIW you can use superglue gel to attach the frags. Any white glue that squeezed out from under the attached pieces will cover with algae in a short time. Took 5 days for a spot about the size of a silver dollar to be covered with green coraline in my tank, you would never know its there.

Looks like a great order, why are you disappointed? Also what was the freebe? Can't tell while its in the bag. Good start!!

i like the bubbles personaly but i have read that if some of them get stuck under a coral or on them it can kill it, just a word of well not advice and not warning just FYI

Let me go in reverse order:

1) I am not sure how much LR is actually in the tank (In pounds). All I can say is that it wasn't enough, so I am curing some more. I think thatr should put me where I need to be as far as appropriate LR is concerned.

2)I think I will use superglue for everything else I have to deal with. THis clay stuff wasn't cutting it and looks really bad. That is why I am dissapointed, not because of the awesome packages I received. I already forgot what the freebiw was, all I can remember is that I was impressed.

3) It is a 5.5G tank. I will post more pictures when I can clean things up inside a little more.

Thank you all for your kind words and advice. The praises make me smile, and the advice helps me to smile in the future from what I have learned. Thank you.

i think your only real problem is an inability to add much else. You pretty much filled the tank with one order, and within a couple months, you'll really see it filling out.

• 4 weeks later...

Some now pics can be seen here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=40369

And a few more here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...40&pagenumber=2

If the images don't appear, try right clicking and "show picture." Photobucket has been giving me a little bit of trouble lately, but is normally fixed within a day or two.

Here are three that showed off the most:

2.5g

P9060031.jpg

5.5g Left:

P9060027.jpg

5.5g Right:

P9060028.jpg

A lot of glueing and moving peices around has given me a more pleasing look than before. Some pieces, like the Xenia, still need to find a permanent home, but 90% of the corals and rock work is in its final place. As you can see, may changes have been made, inclusing the addition of a new tank and refugium.

Archived