Top Shelf Aquatics

3/2.5g canopies/black and oak

ngericke

I have had some inquiries about a black canopy so here are a couple

The black canopys are $35+shipping

The solid oak canopy and stand set is $55+shipping

I still want to give them a light sanding and another coat of poly but it is raining today

Any questions feel free to ask

BigEyedFeesh

Hey man, quick question. I'm going to have to DIY a hood for my 29 gallon future reef. My tank stand is that shiny black material (either a really glossy coat of black paint or the glue on platic laminate, haven't figured that out yet). Anyway, saw your hoods and they look almost as shiny as the stand I have.....so I'm wondering, how did you get them that shiny? What are the coats of "poly" you talk about.

Thanks!

Louie

I think the coats of "poly" he is referring to is polyurathane, which is a sealant for stains or paint. It can be purchased at almost any hardware or lumber store. Just make sure to tell the person selling if you are using a stain, or paint and what kind of paint it is.....

Thanks for the replies. I was at Lowes tonight and saw they sell the WilsonArt laminate sheet in 4' x 8' sheets for $40 or so. There is a high gloss black that I have seen online. I assume that if Lowes is selling it for $44, you can probably find it slightly cheaper elsewhere. So now I have two options, paint and seal or use the laminate sheet.

Louie

black - 24inch 6 inch high.

and also, would you make the hood sit directly on the tank, or would you give it the dropped look. With the hood being wider, and you screw in two pieces of wood on the inside for the hood to lay on ?

whats your price ?

Archived