Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

closed loop on a minibow

doody

I decided to go with a closed lood system on my 5g mini bow for a couple of reasons. I'd like to have an scwd for water circulation and wave simulation. I'd also like to get the damn ph out of my tank. It takes up real estate and my suction cups keep failing, allowing the ph to fall and blow sand all over the place. IT JUST SUCKS!

I printed the directions from this site, but I still have questions.

http://www.melevsreef.com/

I don't want to put the pump all the way down on the floor. So I'm gonna add a small shelf behind my stand to hold it. So, the pump will only have to pump the hight of the 5g mb ( I forget how tall it is. Can't be more than a foot). Anyway, which pump should I use? I need to know what size plumbing to use as well. I need to somehow use a pump that will give me good flow going through whatever size plumbing I need @ the hight I need through the scwd.

I am adding an ac300 mod as a fuge with the surface skimmer. Not sure which impeller I'll use, but thought I'd mention as it will pcontribute to flow.

Maybe it's just easier to ask if any one has done this on the 5g minibow?

I thought maxi-jets were designed for submersable applications only. There's too much to learn in this hobby. What size/diameter is the output on the 1200? And what size is the in/outputs on the scwd?

I'm just trying to see if i already have the pvc I need so I can get a head start on building

Archived