Pod Your Reef

Best fish for a 5.5 gallon

[InuYasha]

Hi everyone. I am trying to decide on a small fish to add to my 5.5 gallon. Mainly looking for more movement. I was thinking about a Yellow clown goby or a neon goby. Any sugestions?

I have 2 yellow citron (clown) gobies. They move from rock to rock but mostly perch all day. They like to perch in coral. Mine always perch on my toadstool and candy cane coral.

I have a sailfin blenny in my 5.5 and he is always digging. Fun to watch.

Pretty hard to beat a clown fish though. They always swim around and are fun to watch as well.

I have a question about keeping clownfish in a 5.5... most clownfish get to be rather large don't they? Are there any that are safe to keep in a 5.5? I know this is probably a stupid question but I figure since we are on the topic, I might as well ask. I have read many threads about people keeping clowns in tanks this small, but thought perhaps they are just selling/trading the clown when they outgrow the tank.

revance I am not too sure about it, but what I do know is that clown fish require very little room compared to other fish.

I read a post on Reefcentral.com last night from a a guy opposed to the nano tanks. He was said a clown needs a minimum of 10 gal.

Archived