ReefCleaners.org

sweeper tentacle pics

jtsam

im curious to see this as well. Im looking to get a frag of frogspawn soon and im wondering how far I need to place it away from other corals if I don't want any stinging to go on.

AReeferIsExpensive

they are out on bubble corals a lot from what ive noticed....almot every time i see them its on a bubble~

matt the fiddler

the frog has since been banished to a friends tank [for some halides] a 25 is too small to have 9" reserved for a coral that stings like that.. i LOVE frogspawns. but just not practical when i get my 55- i might thing of getting one again... i am going the sps direction though

That is a great photo. Not only good quality, but educational. It should be stickied somewhere with a ruler to show what lengths the stingers can reach.

By the way flood this might be just my tired eyes playing tricks on me ,but that shot of torch just looks like the toorch taking a crap.

• 2 weeks later...
AReeferIsExpensive

In flood's pic i think those are feeding tentacles, not stinging.

My brain used to swing them around all the time

• 2 weeks later...

hmm im soon going to buy a hammer or frog, i only have zoos in my tank as of now. if the frog were to sting my zoos what would happen to them?

AReeferIsExpensive

well...the tentacles basically come out at night which is when zoos are closed. Not sure how harsh a frog sting is to know it if would do any damage to a closed polyp~ Im guessing not much, but i could be wrong

It tingles if you brush up against it. I got "stung" by my bubble once while doing maintenance. I now wear some gloves that go up to my elbows (well most of the time).

Archived