SaltCritters.com

Pink yuma

FishingInMyNano

FishingInMyNano

I love Yumas.

Heres a pic of another purple/violet yuma. I found this guy loose and stuck under a rock at a LFS. This picture doesnt do this yuma justice. Definately a favorite!

Reefer_Buddha

cool man. Those are some nice rics. Im gona get my hands on some soon and put em in my prop tank. Then i can cut some nr members good deals, hopefully :P

FishingInMyNano

I have fragged many yumas/rics/shrooms in the past, but I get nervous just thinking about puting a razor anywhere near this Pink yuma. Luckily it has two mouths and is splitting naturaly.

heres a orange yuma that Im going to be fragging soon.

matt the fiddler

my green ric poops out 3 or 4 baby ones a month... hoping the bright orange yumai got catches on..... gotta love it when it does the work for you :)

FishingInMyNano

Recently I have heard of some cases of bright color yumas going from good to bad all of a sudden.

Just the other day I was at the LFS and saw 4 orange yumas (that they had for at least a month) melting away. Anyone else hear anything?

I fragged up an orange yuma exactly like the one in the pic. It was only the size of a dime and I was trying to get it off a rock. It ended up turning into slime and just flicked it into the tank and gave up. A month later I had 4 new baby yumas. Weeee.

I've had my orange yuma for about 2 years now. Seems real hardy. I've never had any yumas suddenly go ka-put.

Oh, BTW - you can see how it looks today by looking at my sig ;)

FishingInMyNano

Reefer_Buddha: I bug the hell out of about 10 different LFS in SD and LA looking for Yumas in paticular.

thanks Wally!;) Im always in search of unique yumas.

I see your from Sunny san diego, are you a member of sdreefs?

No, but my girlfriend is and a couple of my friends are. I moved up north for school, so Im only in SD for the weekends anymore.

:(

ELGORDOINAVW

FishingInMyNano, dude do you go by the same name at sdreefs?

what shops do you frequent? LA and SD please list. Which LFS did you get those from? pm please-

Garf has some Red Rics that look pretty sweet. I just got in a green one and it's pretty cool too. The only store I really frequent never has any either.

my lfs has had that exact pink yuma for about three weeks. he had a couple before that, but for some reason, the one he has now isn't selling. maybe it's because he wants $89 for it. he sold the previous ones for about $100. i want the one he has now, it's about 2-3"in diameter, but the only problem for me is that it's attached to a large rock that i don't have room for in my nano. it is a beautiful specimen though....

FishingInMyNano

There is a pretty large demand for pink yumas, and from what I have seen a very limited supply in CA. The cheapest I ever saw one was 79.99(not very healthy looking), and it was already on hold for someone. :(

because yumas are hardy and reproduce well. I assume that the price on these will most likely drop similar to the RBTA sooner or later.

matt the fiddler

dang- i should cut up my orange one- 3.5" when fully extended.. if any one wants a frag around $60 :) let me know so i can get my knife out.

Archived